MOD Add-On Forum (W/O Code)
 different user profile layout?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mykel_suthertun

USA
227 Posts

Posted - 31 October 2004 :  17:12:00  Show Profile  Visit mykel_suthertun's Homepage
I thought I came across a mod before that gave the User Profile a different layout, but I can't find it anymore. And yes, I used the search.

The problem I have with the current layout is that it lacks a border (discontinuous from the rest of the site), and there's an awkward white empty space (roughly 20px wide) between the two collumns. It doesn't look so bad here, but on my forum it's a little more visually irritating.

I'd appreciate any links or advice on how to change it manually. Thanks!

Mike Southerton
Webmaster | Don'tSayDie.com | DriveThe.com

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 31 October 2004 :  17:17:02  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
Hard to see your problem without having an account. Do you have a test account so we can view member details?

Go to Top of Page

mykel_suthertun

USA
227 Posts

Posted - 31 October 2004 :  17:34:29  Show Profile  Visit mykel_suthertun's Homepage
Yeap, sorry about that.
Username/pass: testuser

Mike Southerton
Go to Top of Page

PeeWee.Inc

United Kingdom
1893 Posts

Posted - 31 October 2004 :  20:21:38  Show Profile  Visit PeeWee.Inc's Homepage
http://www.onewaymule.org/onewayscripts/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=152

De Priofundus Calmo Ad Te Damine
Go to Top of Page

mykel_suthertun

USA
227 Posts

Posted - 31 October 2004 :  23:24:04  Show Profile  Visit mykel_suthertun's Homepage
The mod looks great except for one thing - I can't get the border to show up correctly. I want a single-outline border like this one, but I'm getting a double-outline border instead. (user/pass: testuser)
I'm using D3mon's Speedball II mod, and this is the CSS I'm using...

putbc - pop up table border color - border:1px solid black; border-collapse:collapse;
tbc - table border color - border:1px solid #666; border-collapse:collapse;

All the other classes are for backgrounds/colors/etc...

Mike Southerton
Go to Top of Page

mykel_suthertun

USA
227 Posts

Posted - 03 November 2004 :  22:00:05  Show Profile  Visit mykel_suthertun's Homepage
Still haven't solved the problem. Bump.

Mike Southerton
Go to Top of Page

GarethMoore1979

United Kingdom
220 Posts

Posted - 06 November 2004 :  08:11:42  Show Profile
I just looked at your source script and I think your problem is here

<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="4" align="center">

change this part to:

<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="4" align="center">
Go to Top of Page

mykel_suthertun

USA
227 Posts

Posted - 06 November 2004 :  11:07:09  Show Profile  Visit mykel_suthertun's Homepage
Thanks for the help. I'm closer...
Now it looks like one thick border, but it's probably two borders with no spacing. All of the borders and cellspacings in my asp are set to zero, so once again I'm not sure what it could be.
Errrr, I hate tables...

Mike Southerton
Go to Top of Page

GarethMoore1979

United Kingdom
220 Posts

Posted - 08 November 2004 :  20:08:31  Show Profile
try setting ALL the cellpaddings to '0's too (as well as the borders and spacings) Then one by one increase each instace of cellpadding back to 4 and see where the problem lies.

if of course you still get this problem when all cellsppaddings (along with borders and spacings) are set to 0- then its obviously something to do with the css.
look at these lines inparticular (taken from what you posted) putbc - pop up table border color - border:1px solid black; border-collapse:collapse;
Go to Top of Page

GarethMoore1979

United Kingdom
220 Posts

Posted - 08 November 2004 :  20:14:33  Show Profile
infact thinking about if this is your CSS:

putbc - pop up table border color - border:1px solid black; border-collapse:collapse;

then in effect that is going to add a 1px border to EVERY table right???
The profile pages consist of tables inside tables (insides tables) and so on! ....and of course your getting a border on EVERY table.... this is whats supposed to happen. When really you only want the border on SOME tables! Remember that the original script (ie without CSS) DOESNT use the "border" part of the table tag... it uses the cellpadding and cellspacing to give the impression of a border.

To an end, you DONT want a border on EVERY table... you only want a border on certain tables, but your css is forcing a border on every table.

Since I dont use the css version of snitz, im not 100% sure of how it works so I COULD be wrong..... but im pretty sure thats what your problem is!
Go to Top of Page

mykel_suthertun

USA
227 Posts

Posted - 12 November 2004 :  12:48:25  Show Profile  Visit mykel_suthertun's Homepage
Thanks a lot for the help. I really need to just go back in and check every table, row, and cell all over again and make sure they all have the right CSS.

Mike Southerton
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.41 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07