Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Ric
Starting Member

United Kingdom
47 Posts

Posted - 23 October 2004 :  16:20:19  Show Profile
I've been working on a Photo Album mod for myself, but in case others are interested in it I've set up a demo version over at http://www.teamrnr.co.uk/patest.

There's still a lot of work needs doing on it for various features and functions. Ye more still to make it worthy of true "Mod" status.

New Photo Album Mod demo

Edited by - Ric on 23 October 2004 16:21:03

PeeWee.Inc

United Kingdom
1893 Posts

Posted - 23 October 2004 :  16:22:39  Show Profile  Visit PeeWee.Inc's Homepage
Looks really good.

Does it use any .COM?

De Priofundus Calmo Ad Te Damine
Go to Top of Page

Classicmotorcycling
Development Team Leader

Australia
2084 Posts

Posted - 24 October 2004 :  04:39:19  Show Profile
I just had a play with the new photo album you have created and would like to get a copy of it for my site for when I change hosting companies.

It looks like you have done some great work on it. I like the features, but would like to know if it would work with out this: eKov Software's Picture Previewer

If it is needed, where do you get it from?

Cheers,

David Greening
Go to Top of Page

Ric
Starting Member

United Kingdom
47 Posts

Posted - 24 October 2004 :  08:53:42  Show Profile
PeeWee, it uses one bit of .COM for image resizing - eKov's Picture Previewer. It's used for creating the thumbnails and for resizing any overlarge images down to 800x600pixels.

David, it's needed for the reasons above, however if you already have another image resizing component such as AspJpeg, there's only one .asp page that needs rewriting to use the alternative component. I chose Picture Previewer because it was only $19.95 vs $150 for AspJpeg and did all I required.

You can see more about Picture Previewer here:
http://www.e-kov.com/PicturePreviewer/overview.asp

New Photo Album Mod demo
Go to Top of Page

DavidRhodes

United Kingdom
1222 Posts

Posted - 25 October 2004 :  04:20:59  Show Profile
Looks very good, when do you think it will be available for download?

The UK MkIVs Forum
Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 31 October 2004 :  02:15:51  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
I have one that I am getting ready to integrate with a Snitz Forum. I originally modeled it from another photo album script I saw and basically reproduced it using my code, but using the .NET Framework Smart Image Processor (free!) for creating the thumbnails. I was very happy with the end result. Here is an example on one of my clients sites I am getting ready to go live with.

http://www.thewhitneyfoundationfresno.org/photos.asp

Edited by - dayve on 15 November 2004 19:42:18
Go to Top of Page

Ric
Starting Member

United Kingdom
47 Posts

Posted - 04 November 2004 :  04:39:12  Show Profile
It should be easy enough to produce a version that uses .NET for the upload/resizing. I would guess one that covers Aspjpeg would go down well too. It's only one file that needs to be different for each method of creating thumbs.

I've just updated the demo site with the latest features - Comments, ratings and moderators. There are quite a few other tweaks on there now too. Quite a lot of work still to go!!

Don't be surprised if something breaks now, it was midnight last night when I put it up and it's entirely feasable I forgot something!!

New Photo Album Mod demo

Edited by - Ric on 04 November 2004 04:42:23
Go to Top of Page

rabufo

Italy
328 Posts

Posted - 10 November 2004 :  07:28:10  Show Profile
I really like your album, Ric, a very good work...........do you think it'll available for download soon?

Thank you
Go to Top of Page

rabufo

Italy
328 Posts

Posted - 12 November 2004 :  06:13:56  Show Profile
btw....the most easy way I've thought to for creating albums for all Users inside a forum is this (look at www.discusclub.net , in "Members Area"): I've created a new subforum called "Album fotografici" (Photo albums). Inside this forum any User can create and manage very easily his own photographic album inserting the own personal thread and entitling it to es. “Photos by username” or "Album of username".
In this thread the relative User can post all messages he wants, containing of course the photos (uploaded with Matt script)) and the related comments. If any other User wants to ask for more info or to open a discussion about a photo, he can post in that specified "album" and relating to that specified pic.

Anyway, this system is not very elegant: there are only threads dedicated to photos, no preview and above all no way to have all photos thumbnails together........
Ric's Photo Album seems to be really what I'm asking for....

Edited by - rabufo on 12 November 2004 06:48:29
Go to Top of Page

kushalnaik
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 15 November 2004 :  19:41:21  Show Profile
Is there anyway to add a comment feature?
Go to Top of Page

Ric
Starting Member

United Kingdom
47 Posts

Posted - 16 November 2004 :  05:41:21  Show Profile
Kushalnaik, there is already a comment feature built in.

There's still a bit of work to do, mainly the search feature, the admin screens and general tidying up to get it more "snitz compatable". The more I work on it the more I find the early bits of code need tweaking!

New Photo Album Mod demo

Edited by - Ric on 16 November 2004 05:47:54
Go to Top of Page

rabufo

Italy
328 Posts

Posted - 02 December 2004 :  06:05:03  Show Profile
Any news about your Photo album, Ric? I really can't wait to use it
Go to Top of Page

wii
Free ASP Hosts Moderator

Denmark
2632 Posts

Posted - 02 December 2004 :  06:09:54  Show Profile
Looks good.
Go to Top of Page

Ric
Starting Member

United Kingdom
47 Posts

Posted - 03 December 2004 :  06:55:06  Show Profile
Still some work left on the admin functions, then I'll release a beta version for people to look at/hack to pieces. ;) Hopefully will get it done this weekend.

I'm going to need some help to adapt it for people who don't want to use the e-Kov resizer. I need code to resize using ASPJpeg and also would like a .NET image resizer (preferable freeware!) to give people a choice.

New Photo Album Mod demo
Go to Top of Page

rabufo

Italy
328 Posts

Posted - 04 December 2004 :  14:06:19  Show Profile
quote:
Hopefully will get it done this weekend.

GREAT!
Go to Top of Page

DavidRhodes

United Kingdom
1222 Posts

Posted - 09 December 2004 :  04:46:59  Show Profile
I've wrote an .NET http handler (.ashx) for image resizing, i'll add it in when you release the beta if you want

The UK MkIVs Forum
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.32 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07