topic.asp loading trouble when using a table
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

serverhacker

USA
125 Posts

Posted - 20 October 2004 :  21:05:37  Show Profile
I've run in to this error from the start and have yet been able to fix it, so im posting here for help.

The trouble im having is on the "topic.asp" only, I added a table around my forum, added the table code to inc_header and inc_footer.

The trouble im having is that when a member is logged in to the forum and goes to topic.asp it will not show anything untill all the images are loaded.

But if the member is logged out of the forum and goes to topic.asp it loads correctly.

If I remove the table code from inc_header and inc_footer topic.asp loads correctly, logged in or out of the forum.

I have tested this on my site, and a clean install of snitz 3.4.04 and 3.4.05, all of them have this trouble.

Any help would be great, I am at a loss.

Edited by - serverhacker on 20 October 2004 21:10:02

Da_Stimulator
DEV Team Forum Moderator

USA
3373 Posts

Posted - 20 October 2004 :  21:09:37  Show Profile  Send Da_Stimulator an AOL message  Send Da_Stimulator a Yahoo! Message
Check your tables, there are a few if and statements and whatnot, which may or may not include closing tags for tables, make sure you code is in the right spot and that all tags are taken care of in any situation (login, logout, mid-process) and so on

-Stim
Go to Top of Page

serverhacker

USA
125 Posts

Posted - 20 October 2004 :  21:17:19  Show Profile
I have already done that, all tags are closed and correct.

Im just saying this so its known (please dont take offence), I have been doing web design for over 5 years and know what im doing. This one just has me stumped.

Edited by - serverhacker on 20 October 2004 21:18:11
Go to Top of Page

Da_Stimulator
DEV Team Forum Moderator

USA
3373 Posts

Posted - 20 October 2004 :  21:23:00  Show Profile  Send Da_Stimulator an AOL message  Send Da_Stimulator a Yahoo! Message
ok you checked your code... did you check the snitz code? maybe theres a missing closing tag or opening tag or something.

do the tables display and align correctly, or is it just the fact that it waits for all images to load before showing anything?

if thats the case I might think there's a missing tag or a surplus tag around an img tag maybe...

hard to say without seeing the code

-Stim

Edited by - Da_Stimulator on 20 October 2004 21:23:42
Go to Top of Page

Ranko

400 Posts

Posted - 21 October 2004 :  04:41:41  Show Profile
Are there colspans in the table?
Go to Top of Page

serverhacker

USA
125 Posts

Posted - 21 October 2004 :  15:35:32  Show Profile
Its just the fact that it waits for all images to load before showing anything. There are no missing tags or surplus tags or missing images.

I have tested this on my site, and a clean install of snitz 3.4.04 and 3.4.05, all of them have this trouble.

Edited by - serverhacker on 21 October 2004 15:38:31
Go to Top of Page

Da_Stimulator
DEV Team Forum Moderator

USA
3373 Posts

Posted - 21 October 2004 :  17:34:58  Show Profile  Send Da_Stimulator an AOL message  Send Da_Stimulator a Yahoo! Message
Did you hardcode it or use the site integration mod?

-Stim
Go to Top of Page

Gargoyle

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 21 October 2004 :  17:40:40  Show Profile  Visit Gargoyle's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by serverhacker

Its just the fact that it waits for all images to load before showing anything. There are no missing tags or surplus tags or missing images.

Where is this problem ?? The version 9 code I am using does not do that. It loads all of the text then the images appear. (I test it by clearing my cache then selecting a new theme so it has to re-load all the images)

Anyway I have not noticed this on my topic.asp page so I thought I would let you know.

Here is a link to my Snitz powered Drag Racing site.
Go to Top of Page

serverhacker

USA
125 Posts

Posted - 21 October 2004 :  21:25:40  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Da_Stimulator

Did you hardcode it or use the site integration mod?

I tryed it by hard coding it and also tryed using just the "site integration mod" with no hard coding. Does it the same on both.

Gargoyle: I will send you a PM on my site, about your post.

Edited by - serverhacker on 22 October 2004 05:07:32
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07