Photo Album MOD...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ikalota
Starting Member

37 Posts

Posted - 03 October 2004 :  22:02:33  Show Profile
I have the Photo Album MOD installed with accounts for all my users. I am NOT running a single album mode, each one of my users have their own account with their own album.

Is there a way or does anyone have code to show the # of photos next to each users account. Coz. If you have 300 accounts and only just a few with pictures. You would only want to click on the ones with pictures.

thanks in advance for help.

Ric
Starting Member

United Kingdom
47 Posts

Posted - 05 October 2004 :  15:55:59  Show Profile
You just need to do a select sum's for each user.

I don't know if it may be of interest, but I'm doing my own Photo Album Mod as the current doesn't do what I want. It has this sort of stats built in. Also rather than set EVERY user up with an account, it lets each user set themselves up saving the Admin mucho time. There's a whole bunch of other stuff in there too.

Not sure if it'll be fit for public release though as it's generally tailored for my Forum (using Access -not tested on SQL, and a jpeg resizing COM that you'd have to purchase). I've never done a Mod before so the code might not be exactly the best either!!

New Photo Album Mod demo

Edited by - Ric on 05 October 2004 15:56:45
Go to Top of Page

ikalota
Starting Member

37 Posts

Posted - 05 October 2004 :  19:08:29  Show Profile

Yes, I am interested in your version of Photo Album, if you dont mind sharing it. Not sure, if you are still working on it or is it complete.
Go to Top of Page

Ric
Starting Member

United Kingdom
47 Posts

Posted - 18 October 2004 :  17:23:04  Show Profile
Still working on it. 60hrs+ so far gone into it. Loads more to go!! Might have a basic working example sorted in a week or so that I can stick on a test forum for you to look at.

New Photo Album Mod demo
Go to Top of Page

burthold

USA
426 Posts

Posted - 19 October 2004 :  07:44:14  Show Profile  Visit burthold's Homepage
Please hurry, I haven't worked on my mod in over three years and still get request to update or support it. Feel free to use any of the code out of my mod you want.

Wes
Go to Top of Page

Ric
Starting Member

United Kingdom
47 Posts

Posted - 19 October 2004 :  17:00:08  Show Profile
Hi Wes, thanks. I did look at your Mod before commencing mine. I think I've borrowed some ideas and some code already although most of it was created from scratch due to the nature of my design. I know I've used your admin screen as the basis for mine and may call upon some help in understanding how it works in the future if that's ok?

I'm a bit wary of releasing it as a mod per-se as I had no idea about any conventions when I started it e.g. my database is seperate to the forum one and I've no idea how it would work with anything but Access.

New Photo Album Mod demo
Go to Top of Page

laser
Advanced Member

Australia
3859 Posts

Posted - 19 October 2004 :  17:05:24  Show Profile
quote:
I'm a bit wary of releasing it as a mod per-se as I had no idea about any conventions when I started it e.g. my database is seperate to the forum one and I've no idea how it would work with anything but Access.

You could always release it with that disclaimer ("only tested on Access"), or just release what you have and someone else can turn it into a proper MOD.
Go to Top of Page

Ric
Starting Member

United Kingdom
47 Posts

Posted - 21 October 2004 :  18:51:52  Show Profile
Ok, here's a sample of the work in progress...

http://www.teamrnr.co.uk/patest/default.asp

Wes, you may reconise the forum link to the album.

I've still got to do the admin control panel properly and add some more features such as ratings and comments. I also think the Public Album needs more work, but it's derived from an old ASP gallery page I did, which is where most of this developed from. The basic album functions are there though.

New Photo Album Mod demo
Go to Top of Page

ikalota
Starting Member

37 Posts

Posted - 06 November 2004 :  15:20:53  Show Profile
Hey Ric,

Looked at your demo. Good work. Keep it up. I think if you integrate Wes's (Burthold's) exisitng code alongwith yours and post it out there for Beta testing or for others to look at. that would be gr8.

Cheers!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.4 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07