New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ArigornStrider
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 27 September 2004 :  16:22:28  Show Profile
I'm fairly new to the Snitz package and I'm trying to expand a forum that someone else set up.

Basically what I want to do is modify the delete action to simply hide a post, instead of removing it from the database. So far I'm thinking that by creating a new column titled "R_DELETED" in the FORUM_REPLY and FORUM_A_REPLY tables and a new column titled "T_DELETED" in the FORUM_TOPIC and FORUM_A_TOPIC tables and setting the default value to 0 (number data type) which will tell the forum to display that topic. What I want to happen is when the topic is deleted, it will simply change the value in that field equal to the FORUM_MEMBERS.MEMBER_ID of whomever deleted it so I can track if a moderator deleted it or if the user did so.

Another thing I want to do is add a column "M_DELETES" to "FORUM_MEMBERS" that keeps a count of how many posts are deleted for each user. This will be increased for a user no matter who deletes his or her post and will be subtracted from the "M_POSTS" field to give an accurate count of current posts.

I don't have the slightest Idea where to start and would really appreciate any help you all can offer.

- "The 'W'"
- leaving smiles everywhere I go...
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.21 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07