Welcoming newest members more options or MOD idea
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ukcw

121 Posts

Posted - 22 September 2004 :  12:35:02  Show Profile
Hi all

Someone posted this to my forum - anyone got any ideas how to do this - or if there's a mod which could help with extra features?

quote:

Instead of your 'welcome our latest member' message being right at the bottom of the main forum menu, under STATISTICS, could we not have a PERMANENT 'NEW MEMBER' TOPIC. This would act as a kind of active register. Whenever a new member joins, instead of them having to introduce themselves, their name could be added to the register and we could all check it out each day and post any welcome messages. I'm sure it would be quite a simple step then to ensure newcomers are directed to the register to read the welcomes even if they don't go there first.

In case the above is impossible, simpler things might be to show more new members...maybe anyone who has joined in the last two weeks, or the X newest members, or how about a new feature to the forum whereby there could be an automatic forum created (admin to choose if it's on or off) where a link from the list of 'please welcome newest members...' - which might display new members registered within a specified time frame takes you to the special forum, which automatically generates a new topic for each new member (only once) when clicked on and there after links to it to say hello and for intial introductions etc - could be advertised as a feature to the new registering member too - who could be automatically e-mailed with a message every time someone new introduces themselves to that person. Again admin could choose the features to turn on or off.

What do you think - I have no programing skills, so I need help with any options preferably an easy one!!!

Cheers

Edited by - ruirib on 23 September 2004 05:30:52
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07