edit a private message
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GarethMoore1979

United Kingdom
220 Posts

Posted - 01 August 2004 :  08:57:07  Show Profile
Please can someone help me out. im in the process of developing the pm mod. What I am wanting to do, is add an 'edit button' into 'privatesent.asp' so that the person who has sent that message can go back and edit it (if they need to), but I only want them to be able to edit it BEFORE it has been read by the recipient. I dont think this is going to be that hard to do. But all my attempts have failed.

gardi

65 Posts

Posted - 01 August 2004 :  21:38:08  Show Profile
But what is the point? garethmoore
I mean ive never seen a portal with a pm system which allows you to change your message after you've sended.

Go to Top of Page

GarethMoore1979

United Kingdom
220 Posts

Posted - 01 August 2004 :  22:14:51  Show Profile
you obviously haven't seen the phpbb forums then! and they are more widly seen than snitz forums!!!

the reason, I wanted to include this... some times you send a PM in the heat of the moment and regret it after clicking send, this will enable you to edit it. Also if you ask a question to someone but then find the answer.

Anyway, I dont see why it matters. Its a feature which most people wouldnt use, but a few would find it helpful!
Go to Top of Page

Shaggy
Support Moderator

Ireland
6780 Posts

Posted - 03 August 2004 :  08:28:27  Show Profile
I'd certainly find it useful for correcting typos or sending a rushed PM to the wrong member and was going to look into it when I get around to adding the PM mod to the new version of MeTV. If nobody chips in before I get around to it, I'll post back with the changes I made. Off the top of me head though, I'd say it'd require some work on privatesend.asp and privatesend_info.asp with post.asp and post_info.asp open at the same time to add a case for editing. Also a check would need to be made to see whether the PM had been read or not.

Search is your friend
“I was having a mildly paranoid day, mostly due to the
fact that the mad priest lady from over the river had
taken to nailing weasels to my front door again.”
Go to Top of Page

GarethMoore1979

United Kingdom
220 Posts

Posted - 03 August 2004 :  12:13:31  Show Profile
thats pretty much what I thought, and I have come close to it by changing and adding things to those pages, but it just never quite works.

Today I have also added the 'print' feature to privateread.asp I will add that into the mod.
Go to Top of Page

daniel123
Starting Member

21 Posts

Posted - 04 August 2004 :  04:09:17  Show Profile
but now its possible for u to send a new msg. and delete the older one from admin panel, isnt it?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.35 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07