Problems with post.asp variables
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

s80ts0465

Italy
290 Posts

Posted - 22 July 2004 :  04:46:56  Show Profile  Send s80ts0465 an ICQ Message
I've created a new page where the user can insert some information.
I've inserted a link in the post.asp page so the new page is loaded. The user can insert the data and at the end submitting the datas can return to post.asp that has to show the information just inserted. but something doesn't work fine. Infact after the user submit the information the program loads the default.asp page.

I think that this error is caused from the fact that my page doesn't give some variables to the post.asp page. Could it be??? anybody know which variable are necessary?? or where the fault is??

thank ste

Shaggy
Support Moderator

Ireland
6780 Posts

Posted - 22 July 2004 :  07:14:23  Show Profile
Can you post text versions of your post.asp and custom files along with a link to your forums with login details for a test account?

Search is your friend
“I was having a mildly paranoid day, mostly due to the
fact that the mad priest lady from over the river had
taken to nailing weasels to my front door again.”
Go to Top of Page

s80ts0465

Italy
290 Posts

Posted - 22 July 2004 :  07:54:29  Show Profile  Send s80ts0465 an ICQ Message
Im sorry at the moment the forum is totally in localhost. Hope u can understand my probleem even on this way.
checking the code in post.asp i've noted that when the strRqMethod, strRqTopicID and some other variables are empty the forum send u to the default.asp. And considering this is the thing that happen to me, i think that i've to find out how to send the value of this variable to my pages that can save them as hidden input and than use them to open post.asp....but i don't know how
Go to Top of Page

Shaggy
Support Moderator

Ireland
6780 Posts

Posted - 22 July 2004 :  08:30:13  Show Profile
Yep, sounds like that's what you need to do alright. Easiest way to do that is to construct a querystring to append to the URI of your custom script when linking to it from post.asp. Then use request.querystring to create some variables in your custom script.

If the form on this page uses the GET method then create some hidden inputs giving them the same names as the names of the variables that need to be passed to post.asp (i.e., method, etc.).

If the form is using the POST method then append the variables to post.asp in the action attribute of your form in the form of a querystring again using the same variable names that post.asp requires.

If that's not 100% clear (my head's a bit all over the place today), post back and I'll try and clarify it for you.

Search is your friend
Go to Top of Page

s80ts0465

Italy
290 Posts

Posted - 23 July 2004 :  03:20:53  Show Profile  Send s80ts0465 an ICQ Message
Ok i solved it!!!!
just a note for who is interested in it too. The last form to pass data to post.asp MUST be in post method otherwise it doesn't work !!

Thanks once again to Shaggy hope all the ireland guy are nice as u, considering this year i'm gonna come to visit ur wonderful land for a month

Edited by - s80ts0465 on 23 July 2004 03:21:55
Go to Top of Page

Shaggy
Support Moderator

Ireland
6780 Posts

Posted - 23 July 2004 :  06:18:24  Show Profile
You're welcome, S80ts0465, glad to be of help.

I'll refrin from me usual Ireland-bashing; let you judge for yourself. Whereabouts are you visiting here?

Search is your friend
Go to Top of Page

s80ts0465

Italy
290 Posts

Posted - 23 July 2004 :  17:29:29  Show Profile  Send s80ts0465 an ICQ Message
i'm gonna visti all the East-South-West of Ireland

bye ste
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.13 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07