Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

choppermc

Australia
80 Posts

Posted - 11 July 2004 :  03:56:53  Show Profile  Send choppermc an AOL message
Hi there

I modded this forum a few months ago and then converted the data base to MySQL
If any one wants a heavily modded Snitz forum set up for a MySQL database then heres your chance.

My thanks goes out to the all the hard working coders and those who helped me put this baby together.
Cheers!

Updated 27/07/04

Description:
Snitz forum version 3.4.03 forum with 24 mods installed.
Snitz forum version 3.4.04 forum with 25 mods installed.
Comes with a .sql file to create the MySQL database tables.
Also comes with a "ready to go" Access database for those don't want a MySQL database

Mods Installed

1.Active users 4.0
2.Avatar mod with 93 animated Giff's
3.David’s portal mod
4.File sharing mod
5.Header cell image mod
6.Invite a friend
7.My own google
8.Newsletter
9.Private messages
10.Private messages block list
11.Site integration
12.Photo album
13.Links manager
14.Smile manager plus
15.Smile manager plus admin
16.Topic maker
17.Poll mod
18.IE spell checker
19.Forum news mod
20.Topic and member hyperlink mod
21.IP gate
22.My Personalization
23.Flash mod
24.Navigation bar
25.Image Auto Resize

Known Issues: "Edited by" doesn't seem to show in posts

Please let me Know if you find any other Issues.

Demo: http://www.snitz.freedomregain.com/portal.asp

UserName= user
Password= user

Download: http://www.freedomregain.com/files/MySQLorAccess_snitz_25mods_27_07_04.zip 3.87mb

To keep files in their appropriate folders make sure you use the proper extraction method for the zip file.

Please read ForumSetup_Access.htm or ForumSetup_Mysql.htm to guide you on the installation process. I'm no guru so please use your own discretion

Upgrade Notes:
Upgraded Snitz forum form v3.4.03 to 3.4.04
Upgraded Davids portal mod to v1.1 with bug fixes and events calender add-on with left or right nav options in CMS admin.
Access database is now included as an option.

Oh....Is that it?

Edited by - choppermc on 27 July 2004 15:43:45

serritzlev

Denmark
291 Posts

Posted - 13 July 2004 :  05:11:53  Show Profile  Visit serritzlev's Homepage
There is somthing wrong here there is nobody there have anser to this topic, soo now i do it this is greath that you have done the only fault is than you have use the v3.4.03 and not v3.4.04 the next step is the pain if some have to update to the latest version.

But stay the good works alive.

Go to Top of Page

choppermc

Australia
80 Posts

Posted - 13 July 2004 :  08:31:25  Show Profile  Send choppermc an AOL message
Yep, I agree the pain of upgrading it will be a tough one to chew. But then again, so can adding 20 or so mods to a forum, regardless of what version it is. Not to mention the code tweaks that have to be made to some of the currently available mods, especially for MySQL compatibility (Sever pain!).

Oh....Is that it?
Go to Top of Page

choppermc

Australia
80 Posts

Posted - 16 July 2004 :  11:21:25  Show Profile  Send choppermc an AOL message
Well I chewed and chewed for about three hours last night when I decided to give the upgrade a go.
To tell you the truth it was easier than I thought it would be, and it certainly helps to have the right software to do the job (Beyond Compare 2).
I ran a few test on it today and everything looks in order.

Zip has been updated.
Demo has been updated.

Oh....Is that it?

Edited by - choppermc on 16 July 2004 12:00:02
Go to Top of Page

serritzlev

Denmark
291 Posts

Posted - 16 July 2004 :  15:29:09  Show Profile  Visit serritzlev's Homepage
Oh my good you are hury to do that i have look litle to that inside the zip today, and what i have sen is soo good, but i cant use MySql on my host sorry, if there have ben an update script to to acces i have upload this to an test fora on that host.

To all other if you can use MySql here is there a fora there have lot of all that many user write and ask me fore, the forums to start there forums whitout any trubles, i only mish that acces db soo the user can make there choice.

My dream is to combine this and that from Okle and the perfect forums code is done, it is not soo hard to made this to css file (i use that from images) and have convert Oxle to several css files the first use images multilanguery the second use both images multilanguery and snitzcss_stylemod but not all files is complette.

choppermc include an acces db else a upgrade script to this file and 70% of all snitz user have here there forums ( in the old zip all update script have not ben there ).

To last there is only one thig to say that is.

STAY the good works alive (and i have download the new zip file and look to that tomorow).

Go to Top of Page

Surgeon
Starting Member

Italy
3 Posts

Posted - 16 July 2004 :  17:57:59  Show Profile  Visit Surgeon's Homepage
Hi, I have added the New Events Calendar Mod to my forum (that is an Imgae forum 3D multilanguage, but it's like your and working on a MySql db).
All work fine, I can add an events, the title is right displayed, the author also, but when I go to see the event, I have:
Date= December 1899 and the follow error displayed:

quote:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e09'
[TCX][MyODBC]You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') AND E.EVENT_DATE BETWEEN '18991201000000' AND

/forumlang/test/cal_functions.asp, line 78

I cannot find the error, if you can help me I'll be very happy. (this is the last mod I need)
Thanks
Flavio

My link forum test: http://www.herniasurgery.it/forumlang/test/

Surgeon from Italy
Go to Top of Page

choppermc

Australia
80 Posts

Posted - 16 July 2004 :  21:33:27  Show Profile  Send choppermc an AOL message
Serritzlev, maybe later I will try to include an access data base depending on how much work it will be.

Flavio try reading the last two posts at this topic by chrispix and tefalXP http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=48682&whichpage=2
I also had a similar problem to you and I was able to fix it by making the changes that telfaXp suggested.

Oh....Is that it?
Go to Top of Page

Surgeon
Starting Member

Italy
3 Posts

Posted - 18 July 2004 :  15:54:54  Show Profile  Visit Surgeon's Homepage
Thank you, now I have added the calendar mod simple, that is what is in Image Forum, so now it works.
When I'll have time I'll try the corrections.
Thank you again

Surgeon from Italy
Go to Top of Page

choppermc

Australia
80 Posts

Posted - 19 July 2004 :  06:00:10  Show Profile  Send choppermc an AOL message
There you go Serritzlev, an Access data base is now included as an option.
I managed to get a clean export to access of the already existing MySQL database and have included a folder with a few .asp files that need to be dropped into the forum folder to make the form work correctly with access.
Just follow the instructions and it should all work out.

Oh....Is that it?
Go to Top of Page

serritzlev

Denmark
291 Posts

Posted - 19 July 2004 :  08:00:03  Show Profile  Visit serritzlev's Homepage
I say thanks to that, here is there now lot of stuf to works white.

Go to Top of Page

shadowchaser
Starting Member

23 Posts

Posted - 20 July 2004 :  15:45:43  Show Profile
ok got the forums up with the Access db. Having this error when trying to access the "my page" link with my login:

quote:
Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'

The field 'FORUM_MY_CONFIG.THEME_ID' cannot contain a Null value because the Required property for this field is set to True. Enter a value in this field.

/corzineforums/snitz/my_edit_config.asp, line 96

Not sure why the db is not passing my information on. Any help?
Go to Top of Page

choppermc

Australia
80 Posts

Posted - 21 July 2004 :  06:50:57  Show Profile  Send choppermc an AOL message
you will have to edit the "default values" in the database shadowchaser

open the table FORUM_MY_CONFIG in design view and put these default values in

THEME_ID = 0
MAX_MY_TOPICS = 5
SHOW_RECENT_TOPICS = 1
SHOW_MY_TOPICS = 1
SHOW_PM = 0

Sorry about this. I will check the database for any more problems like this and update the zip as soon as I get time.
Looks like it did not go as clean as I thought.

Oh....Is that it?
Go to Top of Page

chumbawumba

United Kingdom
304 Posts

Posted - 21 July 2004 :  08:54:13  Show Profile
This is great work choppermc ! If I hadn't been so far customising my own forum this would have been a god send.
Go to Top of Page

shadowchaser
Starting Member

23 Posts

Posted - 21 July 2004 :  10:57:02  Show Profile
I actually fixed it in a different manner. I edited the config.asp to reflect the following:

**********Original line:*************

Const intAdminMemberID = 1

**********Modification:**************

Const intAdminMemberID = 2

I understand this changes the Global Admin from the first record (Admin) to the second record in the database. It seemed to work fine. I have been having some other issues as well so I had to start over again :(

I will let you know if I am having further problems. I do have one quick question tho, I have a forum currently running (same one, Snitz 3.4.04) and wish to migrate the db over to your modded version. I have already added many mods to my current version but not all that you have. What would be the easiest and quickest way to migrate it over without loss of data? I have tried dling the databases and merging them using MS Access's FILE|GET EXTERNAL DATA|IMPORT utility with less than satisfactory results. Any help would be appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

shadowchaser
Starting Member

23 Posts

Posted - 22 July 2004 :  20:52:21  Show Profile
have done a little research and I think if I go and update my current db with the mod db's through the Mod Setup then it just might work. Can you email me the various mod db's so I am certain to get the correct versions and also if you can give me the order to implement them. I sure would hate to lose all of my data or to force my users to re-register unless I have to. Thanks....

Jack
Go to Top of Page

gardi

65 Posts

Posted - 23 July 2004 :  00:39:48  Show Profile
well done. Jst perfect. increadible in other words..

There is how ever .Some things i need to know.
First how can we delete the links at the header?
Im planing to make a better menu

there is few bugs too.
Such as i cannot mass_add avatar.
again. its awesome.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07