Sitestat MOD
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ukcw

121 Posts

Posted - 23 June 2004 :  19:11:22  Show Profile
Hi

Just trying to install the sitestat MOD and encountering a few errors. I want to use the text file method for storing the information, but I keep getting an error when I try to set the path to the file I've uploaded...

There Was A Problem With Your Details

The Path you have specified for the storage place, does not include the file!

Oh, yes it does AND I've checked that all the permissions etc are correct!

HEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLP!

Cheers

Edited by - ukcw on 26 June 2004 09:32:08

Nertz

Canada
341 Posts

Posted - 24 June 2004 :  08:00:04  Show Profile
I had to specify the physical path to the file to make mine work. Get the value of APPL_PHYSICAL_PATH variable from admin options / Server Information, and append the folder/filename.txt to it.

cheers,
Nat

Sadly, most Family Court Judges wrongfully reward opportunistic gold diggers
that use our children unjustly as "instruments" of power.

www.fathers-4-justice-canada.ca
Go to Top of Page

ukcw

121 Posts

Posted - 24 June 2004 :  09:25:29  Show Profile
Hi

Great - thanks for the suggestion...first, though, for some reason I have to find out why I get a URL failure when I try to go to the server information!
Go to Top of Page

Nertz

Canada
341 Posts

Posted - 24 June 2004 :  09:36:13  Show Profile
The server info page should be admin_info.asp

Check to make sure you have the correct Forum URL in admin option/Main Configuration, and the file admin_info.asp exists in the forum folder. good luck!

cheers,
Nat

Go to Top of Page

ukcw

121 Posts

Posted - 24 June 2004 :  18:38:43  Show Profile
Hi again!

OK. Have managed to work out my absolute path, and the update is now not giving me an error so I assume it is finding the file OK. However, I have now installed the stats code on the default.asp page and when the page is building I get the following error where the stats should be:
quote:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a003e'

Input past end of file

inc_sitestat.asp, line 391

Can anyone help please? (I'm not a programmer!)

Edited by - ukcw on 29 June 2004 12:04:11
Go to Top of Page

ukcw

121 Posts

Posted - 29 June 2004 :  16:30:47  Show Profile
Hi again

OK, since no-one seemed to have an answer to the above posts, I tried setting the SiteStats mod to use the forum database instead of the text file to store data - the system seemed to still require that I specify a path to a text file for some reason, so I did, and then it worked!!!! I think! My only question is: does using the snitz database fill it up with redundant information and make it slower or something? What's the advantage/disadvange to using the snitz database to store the information?

Edited by - ukcw on 09 July 2004 09:19:42
Go to Top of Page

Nertz

Canada
341 Posts

Posted - 09 July 2004 :  09:45:15  Show Profile
Yes, I recall when I first installed it that it did need something in the text file field.

Guess in time it will increase size of DB, depending on how busy your site is. That's the one advantage of the text file. And I don't recall being any way of purging old information.

Have you figured out why text file method didn't work? Is it because you had no access to file system object?

cheers,
Nat

Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 09 July 2004 :  10:28:57  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
the error that ukcw reported sounds like there may be a problem in the text file. You would normally expect that error if it was trying to read a line from a file that was empty.
Go to Top of Page

ukcw

121 Posts

Posted - 10 July 2004 :  18:04:12  Show Profile
Hi

Sorry - I haven't been able to figure out what the problem was - I did notice that the txt file did seem to be made blank when the script is run on it - I know that I uploaded it OK several times with correct permissions, but when I went to look at it after trying to run the MOD it was blank for some reason! Not being a programmer or having a clue how the script works, I'm none the wiser! Sorry :-(

Anyone else any ideas?
Go to Top of Page

Nertz

Canada
341 Posts

Posted - 11 July 2004 :  16:17:32  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by HuwR

the error that ukcw reported sounds like there may be a problem in the text file. You would normally expect that error if it was trying to read a line from a file that was empty.

The file that came in the zip without modifications is all I needed to get mine going, with the complete physical path specified for it in the mod admin.

ukcw, What server/host are you running on?

cheers,
Nat

Edited by - Nertz on 11 July 2004 16:18:37
Go to Top of Page

ukcw

121 Posts

Posted - 11 July 2004 :  18:45:39  Show Profile
Hi Nertz

The MOD is running OK using the MySQL database to store the data and not the txt file...I think I'm running on a server like Unix which actually (apparently) is running an emulation version of asp or something - I'm not sure of the exact technicalities of the server, sorry! :-( I may be able to find out if it would help.
Go to Top of Page

Nertz

Canada
341 Posts

Posted - 19 July 2004 :  09:58:46  Show Profile
I'm not sure, and perhaps someone who knows more about UNIX with ASP emulation might be able to answer this, but I don't think you will have FSO access with ASP emulation on UNIX and hence why you can't get sitestat mod working with the text file option.

cheers,
Nat

Go to Top of Page

ikalota
Starting Member

37 Posts

Posted - 08 November 2004 :  12:22:35  Show Profile
Hi all,

I am getting the following error with this MOD, but it is not consistent. If I press the browser refresh button, the error goes away and the stats are displayed. But I always get the error on the exact same line.
Does anyone have any idea as to Why it is happening? I am displaying Site Stats on the inc_site_left.asp. I have the Site Integration Mod installed. It was also happening when I moved the Site Stats from inc_site_left.asp to the centre of my portal page.

Thanks in advance.

Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e10'

No value given for one or more required parameters.

/snitz/inc_sitestat.asp, line 350
Go to Top of Page

laser
Advanced Member

Australia
3859 Posts

Posted - 08 November 2004 :  14:17:55  Show Profile
ikalota, you'd be a lot better off by starting a new topic with the same information, but also include the actual code on line 350.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07