DEV Discussions (General)
 FORUM_A_REPLY
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sr_erick

USA
1318 Posts

Posted - 22 June 2004 :  22:41:13  Show Profile  Visit sr_erick's Homepage  Send sr_erick a Yahoo! Message
One question, why the seperate table? I've heard in the past that there were performance issues with too many rows...and I've heard that was somewhere in the few hundred thousand rows. Where exactly was the performance hit seen? Does anyone know exact queries or areas? Just curious as I'd like to keep everything in one table, and just include a seperate column for expired replies. Thanks!

Erick
Snowmobile Fanatics

Edited by - ruirib on 23 June 2004 11:42:30

redbrad0
Advanced Member

USA
3725 Posts

Posted - 22 June 2004 :  22:47:55  Show Profile  Visit redbrad0's Homepage  Send redbrad0 an AOL message
It was just in general. Think for very high active forums the archive can get very large. Take this forum for example. There is so much data it already times out. This if you also included the archived table.

Brad
Oklahoma City Online Entertainment Guide
Oklahoma Event Tickets
Go to Top of Page

sr_erick

USA
1318 Posts

Posted - 22 June 2004 :  22:50:31  Show Profile  Visit sr_erick's Homepage  Send sr_erick a Yahoo! Message
Yea but a couple hundred thousand rows? Seems like other applications can have millions upon millions of rows and they are fine??? I'm confused.

Erick
Snowmobile Fanatics

Go to Top of Page

Radianation

USA
186 Posts

Posted - 23 June 2004 :  00:07:11  Show Profile  Visit Radianation's Homepage  Send Radianation an ICQ Message
Depends on the server I guess. MS SQL (and mySQL) are capable of a ton of data. Maybe this is for access purposes?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.15 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07