Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

DJSOUNDS
Starting Member

33 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2004 :  18:29:16  Show Profile  Visit DJSOUNDS's Homepage
I'm with infinology.com. I'm grandfathered in a sweet package I got years ago so I won't let it go just for the weather. Would have been sweet to add to my forum. I've been thru 2 other providers and this one is truly the best for what I need.

I get 100gigs of bandwidth a month and 35gigs of server space and I get audio and video streaming all for about $210 a year. They don't offer anything close now. I think the only down side is that I don't get a static IP and I think I'm on virtual drives but they do offer them in other packages.

Go to Top of Page

bballillirt

USA
94 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2004 :  12:58:43  Show Profile  Visit bballillirt's Homepage  Send bballillirt an AOL message
THANKS!!!im putting it into my forum, btw, can you change the mod to use the colors set in table/borders color configuration?

<<Will install mods for food--email me!!!>>

Go to Top of Page

Willieg
Starting Member

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2004 :  15:41:51  Show Profile  Visit Willieg's Homepage  Send Willieg an ICQ Message
If you are talking about so it takes on your forum/page color all you need to do is remove this line <link href="weather_style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"> from the weather.asp or weather_c.asp script and it will not use the CSS. You can also setup a table with the correct colors that you want in the script it will need to be done in the html part of the weather.asp or weather_c.asp in the area that the <link href="weather_style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"> line was. If you know html it will be easy to do that. Just watch the size you set the tables to because the weather info will be pulled in at a set size and may be hard to read if the table is set to small.

If you want to use your CSS just change the <link href="weather_style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"> to link to your sheet.

Edited by - Willieg on 25 May 2004 15:43:17
Go to Top of Page

bballillirt

USA
94 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2004 :  13:02:43  Show Profile  Visit bballillirt's Homepage  Send bballillirt an AOL message
o.k. ........a bit confusing, but ill try it (unfortonantly, 1asphost wont let me log in today....wut else is new.......:)

<<Will install mods for food--email me!!!>>

Go to Top of Page

Willieg
Starting Member

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2004 :  13:35:13  Show Profile  Visit Willieg's Homepage  Send Willieg an ICQ Message
FYI,
The weather info without the CSS will be the default white color from the source. If the CSS sheet is removed then everything other that the info will pickup the forum colors.
Go to Top of Page

LeeC
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - 15 June 2004 :  17:24:54  Show Profile  Visit LeeC's Homepage
Willeig--Nice lil mod.

I'm having a slight formatting issue though. The XML parser is returning a random < td > tag as the first output from the Lycos XML feed.

<td width="366" valign=top>

Any ideas?

Oh WTF!com
Convergence - an MMORPG guild
.rdw. a CS clan
GotFrag? - Your online eSports resource

urK?!?
Go to Top of Page

Willieg
Starting Member

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 15 June 2004 :  17:28:45  Show Profile  Visit Willieg's Homepage  Send Willieg an ICQ Message
Hummm, that is odd. Is this from Lycos when someone checks the weather or is it on your page all the time?
Go to Top of Page

LeeC
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - 15 June 2004 :  18:05:12  Show Profile  Visit LeeC's Homepage
It's only when there's a return feed from Lycos that the Parser renders.

EDIT: Misunderstood yer question and replied wrong--correct reply above ^^

Oh WTF!com
.rdw. a CS clan

urK?!?

Edited by - LeeC on 15 June 2004 18:06:08
Go to Top of Page

Willieg
Starting Member

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 16 June 2004 :  17:15:31  Show Profile  Visit Willieg's Homepage  Send Willieg an ICQ Message
What is the address of your site so I can look at it?
Go to Top of Page

LeeC
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - 16 June 2004 :  19:50:29  Show Profile  Visit LeeC's Homepage
Willieg, I don't have it up right now--it was totally screwing with my layout so I took it down. I have it up on an internal dev box atm. I'll see if I can put the page up for you to look at it elsewhere tomorrow AM.

Oh WTF!com
.rdw. a CS clan

urK?!?
Go to Top of Page

Willieg
Starting Member

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 16 June 2004 :  21:02:12  Show Profile  Visit Willieg's Homepage  Send Willieg an ICQ Message
I checked the output at my site to see what the code was that was returned when you check the weather and here is a clip of that code:
<html>
<link href="weather_style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
<body>

<H3>Your Local Weather</H3>
<FORM>
City/Zip <INPUT size="15" name="URL" value="27874">
<INPUT type="Submit" value="Get Weather">
</FORM>
<BR>

<HR>
<b>Weather | 27874</b><br>
<td width="366" valign=top>
<table cellpadding=2 cellspacing=0 border=0 width="100%" bgcolor="#2952A5">
<tr>
<td width="100%"><font face="Verdana,Sans-serif" color="#FFFFFF" size="1"><b>Current Conditions</b></font></td>

As you can see the code line <td width="366" valign=top> is very near the start so check your code before that line to see if you have a bit of cobe that has not been closed or is out of place. Sometimes if you leave code open or entered wrong it will show up on the html doc in your browser. This is just a thought until I see the real thing.
Go to Top of Page

LeeC
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - 17 June 2004 :  09:24:55  Show Profile  Visit LeeC's Homepage
Willieg--That's precisely the code I'm talking about--that <td width="366" valign="top">

There's no tag to close that <td> nor a <table><tr> tag to wrap around it. It's an artifact from the XML parser as near as I can see. The result is that it throws the rest of my page completely out of wack (I'm using a custom index page). Even using the double-embedded structure you've set up with the "inc_weatherBan.asp" calling "weather.asp", I still get a really wacked out layout. I see the same problem on your site as the "Weather | <zipcode>" is printed to the left of the weather report as opposed to above it. :(

I'll get up a demo today for you to look at, but it looks like you're getting the same thing I am.

Oh WTF!com
.rdw. a CS clan

urK?!?
Go to Top of Page

Willieg
Starting Member

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 18 June 2004 :  11:56:10  Show Profile  Visit Willieg's Homepage  Send Willieg an ICQ Message
What browser are you using? I don't see what you are talking about. I just checked it with Firefox and IE and it looks ok there. to.

Edited by - Willieg on 18 June 2004 11:59:10
Go to Top of Page

LeeC
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - 22 June 2004 :  11:02:11  Show Profile  Visit LeeC's Homepage
Willieg,

I'm using IE6 and MyIE2. That random <td> tag is definately coming from your code/XML results from lycos. All of my code is closed off appropriately, BUT since I'm trying to embed the weather table in another table, that random TD tag is really throwing me for a loop.

I'm wondering if Lycos threw that in there deliberately to screw up formatting. I'll try formatting text around it as well, but as near as I can tell... that <td> tag is never closed either...

Oh WTF!com
.rdw. a CS clan

urK?!?
Go to Top of Page

Willieg
Starting Member

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 22 June 2004 :  18:12:52  Show Profile  Visit Willieg's Homepage  Send Willieg an ICQ Message
That is odd it is closed when I run the script both here as admin and at another workstation running win2000 where I work signed in as a guest.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.18 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07