Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bennie
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 21 February 2004 :  20:01:56  Show Profile
I'd like to notice that the translation made in that file :

sf2k_v33_French.zip

Which is published as part of the International versions of Snitz Forums on sourceForge is not respectful of the original product.

I don't mean it s not a good translation, which could have been corrected, but the Policy is not a straight translation of the original text : It adds some unappropriate sentences and i feel it s not fair and honest for the original product.

This for exemple has been added in the policy :

quote:

• Ne pas publier de propos intolérant à l'égard d'un non musulman, ou des autres religions

• Do not publish intolerant words to a non muslim or other religions

• Ne pas publier de propos à l'encontre d'un frère ou d'une soeur qui vise à s'ériger en juge, et qui se traduit par un discours imprécateur(par exemple: 'envoyer' en enfer un frère ou une soeur, ou l'usage inconsidéré du terme kufar à l'encontre d'un frère ou d'une soeur, etc...

• Do not publish words hurting a brother or a sister who claim to judge, and who translate as a doomsayer speech(for exemple: 'sending' to hell a brother or a sister, or the rashly use of the term kufar at a brother or sister, etc...

And so on, i m just picking a few extract, but unless i was on drugs, there s NOWHERE in the original policy distributed by Snitz any of these 'strings' to be translated.

I don't want to debate the content, the guy who made it is free to do so on his own website, this is not the point.

BUT, please don't say it's a French version of the product. I urge you to remove it from sourceforge, or to have it corrected.

That said, you should find a way to check along multiple readers if something has been translated in it's integrity, and honestly.

I can't imagine that a guy would translate something adding very very offensive things in the policy and to have it published right away on Sourceforge without any further check.

For the rest, keep the good work.

Sorry if i'm out of topic

MarcelG
Retired Support Moderator

Netherlands
2625 Posts

Posted - 23 February 2004 :  13:56:46  Show Profile  Visit MarcelG's Homepage
bennie, I also agree that this should be corrected, even though I am not using a French version.
But, unfortunately I cannot do anything about it, except for bumping this topic by replying.

portfolio - linkshrinker - oxle - twitter
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.21 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07