Snitz Forums 2000
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community Forums
 Community Discussions (All other subjects)
 Software to convert speech (mp3) into text format
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ngaisteve1

Malaysia
241 Posts

Posted - 19 February 2004 :  20:23:38  Show Profile  Send ngaisteve1 an ICQ Message
I just wanna ask if there is any software to convert a speech in mp3 format into text file. The speech is in English.

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 20 February 2004 :  05:28:14  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
I think it is called your ears

You can get voice to text software, but not sure whether any of them use audio files as an input. Most applications are designed to convert Text to Speech, not the other way round.

A good dictation typist should be able to do it fairly quickly anyway
Go to Top of Page

taropatch
Average Member

USA
741 Posts

Posted - 20 February 2004 :  09:28:34  Show Profile
This is the only program that I am aware of but not sure how well it works. Or how well it would word for what you want to do.

Dragon NaturallySpeaking

I tried an older version of it when it was Lernout & Hauspie. It was okay but still made a lot of mistakes. Probably a good dictation typist will win hands down.
Go to Top of Page

Jezmeister

United Kingdom
1141 Posts

Posted - 20 February 2004 :  09:47:34  Show Profile  Visit Jezmeister's Homepage
err u could try playing it and recording it on word or something.... i wonder how a guitar solo would look in word... hell ive gotta try that sometime!!!
Go to Top of Page

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 20 February 2004 :  10:14:10  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
Phillips has it's own software (FreeSpeech), for that purpose. Don't know whether it can do it from files, but I used it a couple years ago and it was rather good. Mistakes will occur, no matter what.

Snitz 3.4 Readme | Like the support? Support Snitz too
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.63 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07