Help: MOD Implementation
 message icons mod - two problems
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

weeweeslap

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - 18 February 2004 :  02:25:04  Show Profile  Visit weeweeslap's Homepage  Send weeweeslap an AOL message  Send weeweeslap a Yahoo! Message
1. when making a new topic, the message icon does not get displayed, the place is blank, but if I edit a topic and then chose a message icon, the message icon gets added just fine.

2. When making an event, after adding the message icons mod, I get the following error(note: tested without the msg icon mod and the event gets posted just fine):
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e57'

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The conversion of the varchar value '20040218000000' overflowed an int column. Maximum integer value exceeded.

/forum/post_info.asp, line 988

I am like 90% certain that the problem is where the events calendar mod edited part of the sql that the message icon also needs to edit. I tried to work ti around and it's in the instance where a new topic is created. The error in my opinion lies in lines 980-986 of post_info.asp (also noted the lines in the read me file next to where the changes are indicated to be made to that part.)
I don't know asp much so I am wondering if any of you can help me sort this problem out. I run the site on a ms sql db windows server. Let me know what other info you need. here is the two files you need, post.asp and post_info.asp, never know when the other might be the problematic one Please help me. Thanks
http://www.weeweeslap.com/msg%20files.zip
wws

coaster crazy

weeweeslap

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - 19 February 2004 :  01:45:55  Show Profile  Visit weeweeslap's Homepage  Send weeweeslap an AOL message  Send weeweeslap a Yahoo! Message
please help

coaster crazy
Go to Top of Page

Shaggy
Support Moderator

Ireland
6780 Posts

Posted - 19 February 2004 :  06:51:21  Show Profile
For the first problem do you mean that even though you can see the message icons on post.asp they don't show up on forum.asp, etc. unless you go back and edit the post? Is this only happening with new topics or are new replies affected as well? Sounds to me like you may have missed on of the changes to the SQL statement that inserts the post in the database in post_info.asp

Search is your friend
“I was having a mildly paranoid day, mostly due to the
fact that the mad priest lady from over the river had
taken to nailing weasels to my front door again.”
Go to Top of Page

ajhvdb

Netherlands
392 Posts

Posted - 19 February 2004 :  07:14:14  Show Profile
ok, i only compared your files with "beyond compare" and found a mistake in post_info.asp:

look for:
		strSql = strSql & ", 1 "
		strSQL = strSQL & ", 0 "
		strSQL = strSQL & ", 0 "
		strSql = strSql & ", '" & dateHolder & "'"
		if Request.Form("isevent")="1" then
			strSql = strSql & ", " & 1
			strSql = strSql & ", " & cLng(Request.Form("strMessageIcon"))
		else
			strSql = strSql & ", " & 0
		end if		

and change to:
		strSql = strSql & ", 1 "
		strSQL = strSQL & ", 0 "
		strSQL = strSQL & ", 0 "
		strSql = strSql & ", '" & dateHolder & "'"
		if Request.Form("isevent")="1" then
			strSql = strSql & ", " & 1
		else
			strSql = strSql & ", " & 0
		end if		

If it doesn't help the get your backup files and reinstall the mod.
Go to Top of Page

weeweeslap

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - 19 February 2004 :  14:55:48  Show Profile  Visit weeweeslap's Homepage  Send weeweeslap an AOL message  Send weeweeslap a Yahoo! Message
ok problem solved, ajhvdb hit it almost right on the nail, moved it where you said and it didn't work, moved it one more line up and worked fine, odd but works! Thanks!
MeTV, what you said was the case, new replies also wouldn't work

coaster crazy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07