Extra Title Field
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

vmplanet

112 Posts

Posted - 16 February 2004 :  08:32:37  Show Profile
Hi,

I have a question. In the member profile i can give members a title, like Site Admin or moderator 1021 etc. But i would like un extra title field. So i could define the group members where in. It would be super great. The best would be a drop down box, but i'm not lazy so a input box like the title field would be okay.

Can someone help me with this?

Shaggy
Support Moderator

Ireland
6780 Posts

Posted - 16 February 2004 :  09:10:50  Show Profile
Quickest way to do it would be to use a field that you don't currently use in your members' profiles. For example, I don't use the first name or last name fields on my site. All that would be required would be a quick edit in inc_profile.asp and a couple of minor edits in topic.asp to grab the info from the database and add some HTML. If you want exact changes, post back and I'll help you out (I'd post them now, but I don't have my Snitz files on this machine).

Search is your friend
“I was having a mildly paranoid day, mostly due to the
fact that the mad priest lady from over the river had
taken to nailing weasels to my front door again.”
Go to Top of Page

vmplanet

112 Posts

Posted - 17 February 2004 :  19:11:20  Show Profile
What i mean is that i see on the left side "New Member" and with you "Average member". I can replace that with a title. I like to have a second title, so a line below the "New Member" line in which i can fill in the different groups my forum users belong.
Go to Top of Page

vmplanet

112 Posts

Posted - 17 February 2004 :  19:18:50  Show Profile
Okay i edited my inc_profile.asp and pop_profile.asp and added M_Group. I copied the M_Title parts in there and changed it to M_Group. I also added a field into my database M_group under members. So far so good. It works. But i don't get it to work on the forum (topic.asp) and on the members page (members.asp) On the members-page should be an extra column
Go to Top of Page

vmplanet

112 Posts

Posted - 21 February 2004 :  08:47:30  Show Profile
Plz. any help with the topic.asp?
Go to Top of Page

vmplanet

112 Posts

Posted - 22 February 2004 :  20:43:07  Show Profile
Okay i have it showing on the topic page. :) Like in said it changed the pop_profile and inc_profile. The problem is when i go into someone's profile and fill in the group he is in and save the data, the data isn't saved. What am i doing wrong?
Go to Top of Page

laser
Advanced Member

Australia
3859 Posts

Posted - 22 February 2004 :  20:46:29  Show Profile
Sounds like you missed the SQL to update the profile ? or maybe even the extra structure required in the database ?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07