Poll & Active Users Mods, no workie??
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

skanxalot
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 09 February 2004 :  20:15:47  Show Profile  Visit skanxalot's Homepage  Send skanxalot an AOL message
Weirdest thing ever. I've had both these mods installed for the longest time. Then one day the active users mod stops working. It never shows anyone active. Alright, whatever, I thought. Now the poll mod won't work. You click to vote and all it does is show the results, which are of course 0 votes. I don't understand this at all. Could somebody help me sort this out? I don't even know where to start.

Thanks,
Tyson

NorwegianViking

Denmark
119 Posts

Posted - 10 February 2004 :  06:40:57  Show Profile  Visit NorwegianViking's Homepage
Possible causes:

1. Some tables in your DB has gotten corrupt for some reason. You could try to delete the tables for Active Users, and re-run the dbs file.

2. You have lost the tables/fields for these MOD's. This is not likely, as you should have got error messages.

3. You have recently installed another MOD that have caused this.

4. The MOD code isn't there anymore. In that case, you might have accidentially overwritten MODded files with UnMODded files. You should check with the MOD documentation and verify that all the neccessary code is there.

5. Something else.

Two ways to try to elliminate either the db or the code.

1. Your existing ASP files with a NEW db. Find a very old backup (from a time you KNOW that both MODs worked) OR download a fresh Snitz base + run the DBS files for both MODs. Edit cofig.asp to point to this base. That will answer if the problem is with the code or db.

2. New ASP files with your existing DB. Set up a fresh forum + MOD's for POLL and Active Users, and point it to your existing DB.

Well, then you have something to do, haven't you?

kind regards
NorwegianViking

Mod installation for beginners | User registration problems?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.4 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07