Snitz Forums 2000
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community Forums
 Community Discussions (All other subjects)
 annoying clicking sound in chat rooms
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jezmeister

United Kingdom
1141 Posts

Posted - 08 February 2004 :  15:13:04  Show Profile  Visit Jezmeister's Homepage
does anyone know if theres a way to remove the clicking sound (other than turning off speakers) when the frame containing messages refreshes in (asp & javascript)chat rooms?

Classicmotorcycling
Development Team Leader

Australia
2084 Posts

Posted - 08 February 2004 :  16:24:49  Show Profile
Isn't the clicking sound just a sound file windoze has in the control pannel, or some chat rooms (like at www.theill.com with the asp chat room ConquerChat) may have it built-in to their chat software.

I know I get the clicking sound when pages refresh in other things other than chat rooms. Look in your windoze sound files and see if you can find the clicking sound.

Cheers,

David Greening
Go to Top of Page

redbrad0
Advanced Member

USA
3725 Posts

Posted - 08 February 2004 :  22:26:17  Show Profile  Visit redbrad0's Homepage  Send redbrad0 an AOL message
Yes its a setting you have to change that basically you do not hear the pages refresh from the control panel

Brad
Oklahoma City Online Entertainment Guide
Oklahoma Event Tickets
Go to Top of Page

sr_erick

USA
1318 Posts

Posted - 08 February 2004 :  22:31:28  Show Profile  Visit sr_erick's Homepage  Send sr_erick a Yahoo! Message
There is a refresh method I thought so you didn't hear the click.

Erick
Snowmobile Fanatics

Go to Top of Page

Jezmeister

United Kingdom
1141 Posts

Posted - 09 February 2004 :  07:41:44  Show Profile  Visit Jezmeister's Homepage
thats what im looking for erik - is there a way to stop it being recognised as a refresh??
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07