Poll Mod Version: 2.0.7
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jgillie1
Starting Member

28 Posts

Posted - 07 February 2004 :  23:18:04  Show Profile  Visit jgillie1's Homepage
Hello everyone, I need a little help with the poll mod. I am new to installing mods and with ASP. However, I do understand coding (more VB than anything else). Anyway, As far as I know, I copied all the code correctly from the READ_ME_First.txt that Davio included with the MOD. When I installed using MOD Setup from Admin options, everything went well. Then set poll permissions. Then I went to create a poll and everything went fine.
***** Here is where the problem lies ******
Featured Poll: Do you like the new Forum?
Yes No Maybe Undecided
Then there are what appear to be small tables under this, but there are NO pictures, or NO words. When you mouse over them, it does say Vote in todays featured poll - View results of todays featured poll. But when you select your option and click the table to submit, I am getting this error:

ADODB.Recordset error '800a0cc1'

Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal.

/faith&honor/forum/topic.asp, line 164
So basically I have 2 questions.
1. Does anyone know what the problem is with the tables not displaying any pictures or words?

2. Can anyone tell me what I can, or need to do to get this error corrected, meaning the ADODB?

I am using MySQL database on Windows 2003 Server

Thanks in advance

Take the Road less Traveled. - Robert Frost

jgillie1
Starting Member

28 Posts

Posted - 08 February 2004 :  00:43:42  Show Profile  Visit jgillie1's Homepage
Just wanted to give everyone an update so far. I figured out the problem with the tables (pictures and what not).
However, I still get the error.
ADODB.Recordset error '800a0cc1'

Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal.

/faith&honor/forum/topic.asp, line 164
I uninstalled the Mod, reinstall. Still same problem.
I have unistalled the Mod now, and when I log in, the only thing that I see in the Forum is header area (logo picture and Home-Profile links) and the area (where the poll normally is on the default.asp page, but everything else is gone. Trying to go back and look at all the code again myself.

Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 08 February 2004 :  17:18:18  Show Profile
Most likely you left out some poll mod code in the topic.asp file.
Post a link to a txt version of your topic.asp file, and I'll tell you how to fix it. But this means you will need to re-install the mod.

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page

jgillie1
Starting Member

28 Posts

Posted - 11 February 2004 :  03:45:33  Show Profile  Visit jgillie1's Homepage
Davio, thanks for getting back to me on this, but I got it squared away. Not really for sure where the problem was, but I figured I would Just do a clean install of Snitz and the Poll Mod. Took my time this time and made sure of exactly what I was doing. Works great. Great add-on to any site. Keep up the good work.

Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 11 February 2004 :  07:34:49  Show Profile
Glad you got it working.

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07