MOD Add-On Forum (W/O Code)
 NSFW Mod - Concept
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MotoX

201 Posts

Posted - 28 January 2004 :  11:07:13  Show Profile
How about adding a checkbox to the post.asp page that would allow a user to mark their post as not safe for work (NSFW) and when it is checked the topic shows up in red in the topic listings??

Shaggy
Support Moderator

Ireland
6780 Posts

Posted - 28 January 2004 :  11:23:38  Show Profile
Good idea, MotoX, shouldn't be too difficult to implement, all it requires is an additional field in the _TOPICS table that would hold a value of 0 (safe) or 1 (not-safe), minor edits of forum.asp & active.asp and, of course, the change to post.asp you already mentioned. The only immediate problem I can see is: what about replies? Maybe it would be better to come up with a way to mark individual posts as NSFW and display a message in place of the post that says something along the lines of "This post has be marked 'Not Safe For Work', click here to view" with a profile option to turn feature on and off.

Search is your friend
“I was having a mildly paranoid day, mostly due to the
fact that the mad priest lady from over the river had
taken to nailing weasels to my front door again.”
Go to Top of Page

Dave.

USA
1037 Posts

Posted - 28 January 2004 :  14:14:21  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by MeTV

Good idea, MotoX, shouldn't be too difficult to implement, all it requires is an additional field in the _TOPICS table that would hold a value of 0 (safe) or 1 (not-safe), minor edits of forum.asp & active.asp and, of course, the change to post.asp you already mentioned. The only immediate problem I can see is: what about replies? Maybe it would be better to come up with a way to mark individual posts as NSFW and display a message in place of the post that says something along the lines of "This post has be marked 'Not Safe For Work', click here to view" with a profile option to turn feature on and off.

Don't forget search.asp as well.

Instead of a profile option, maybe a login check-box?
Go to Top of Page

D3mon

United Kingdom
1685 Posts

Posted - 28 January 2004 :  15:11:47  Show Profile  Visit D3mon's Homepage
Not Safe For Work?

Snitz 'Speedball' : Site Integration Mod : Friendly Registration Mod
"In war, the victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won"
Go to Top of Page

MotoX

201 Posts

Posted - 28 January 2004 :  22:01:25  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by D3mon

Not Safe For Work?

Topics that contain content that you should not be viewing at work (or with children around)

I like the idea in the profile. You could have a checkbox in your profile that would "Show NSFW Topics" that way you could toggle it on and off on an individual basis. You could have that as well as having the NSFW topics show up in an alternate color.

I would think for replies, you could make it so that if your reply contained NSFW content, that you could check the box and it would toggle the Not_Safe field for that topic "on".
Go to Top of Page

D3mon

United Kingdom
1685 Posts

Posted - 29 January 2004 :  03:46:29  Show Profile  Visit D3mon's Homepage
Ah I see.

Snitz 'Speedball' : Site Integration Mod : Friendly Registration Mod
"In war, the victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won"
Go to Top of Page

MotoX

201 Posts

Posted - 30 January 2004 :  14:36:33  Show Profile
does anybody want to take this on? I would help where I can.
Go to Top of Page

AWD_ENVY

103 Posts

Posted - 05 February 2004 :  11:30:38  Show Profile
We have a NWS forum. When you move your mouse over the topic, it pulsates red.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07