New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LemoNade
Starting Member

United Kingdom
19 Posts

Posted - 17 January 2004 :  05:38:22  Show Profile
As I am setting up a forum for my school and it has 5 years from 7-11, I would really like to have a section within registration for members to put this in. A drop-down box would be really cool, where they select their school yeah and it saves it on the DB instead of 'Location' maybe. Then for it to show up under their username when they post. Any ideas would be greatly received :D

Edited by - ruirib on 17 January 2004 05:48:39

Roland
Advanced Member

Netherlands
9335 Posts

Posted - 17 January 2004 :  13:03:38  Show Profile
You could use the country field. All you'd have to do is change inc_countrylist.asp so it'll show the different years instead of a list of countries. Then edit inc_profile.asp and register.asp (and possibly pop_profile.asp) to show "School year" instead of "Country" and make it a required field.
Last thing to do would be changing topic.asp and members.asp to show "School year" instead of "Country" both with every post made, and on the member list.
Go to Top of Page

LemoNade
Starting Member

United Kingdom
19 Posts

Posted - 17 January 2004 :  16:25:34  Show Profile
OK thanks, I'll have a look....despite not knowing ASP it cant be too hard :P just a case of Ctrl+F in Dreamweaver :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.24 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07