New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GenEdge
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 09 January 2004 :  08:56:04  Show Profile  Visit GenEdge's Homepage
Hello,

I have been running a modified version 3.4.03 since it came out with an access database. I'm in the process of rebuilding my site with version 3.4.03 again and updated files to version 3.4.04. My question is that I'm looking for a modification for "super or global moderators". I have searched and read that some did this modification... David's Version a while back. Since I can't reply to that topic I thought I would make another since I don't see one on this subject in a while. Looking to have my moderators have the ability to edit normal users profiles and lock normal members. I haven't yet installed David's MOD and want to make sure that it will do this "without" giving the Modertor administrative powers? Version 2.0 out yet? I don't want to issue anyone Administrative powers so looking for a MOD to do just the things that I ask.

Thanks,
Jason

Serge Diekstra
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 13 January 2004 :  05:42:06  Show Profile
This is a very relevant mod, we have the exact same issue. We need admins that can edit the forum structure -something that should be a very infrequent activity- and admins that can manage users, having admins that can do both creates an unnecessary risk that I am hoping can be eliminated in a v3.4.04 mod.

Is anyone else interested in such a mod?

Kind regards,

Serge Diekstra

Edited by - Serge Diekstra on 14 January 2004 07:25:37
Go to Top of Page

asafdr

Israel
90 Posts

Posted - 18 January 2004 :  03:37:30  Show Profile  Send asafdr an ICQ Message
in my snitz forum. i Building a new user levels.
1. normal - normal user.
2. team - a normal user that he has a icon near to his name ( a prize user that help in the forum)
3. moderator - a moderator of a forum's. he can just edit posts delete and lock posts in his forum.
3. manager - a moderator of a forum's. he can just edit posts delete and lock posts in his forum and he can block and unblock users in his forum's.
4. global - a moderator of ALL the forum's. he can just edit posts delete and lock posts in all his forums and he can block and unblock users in his forum's.
5.admin - admin.

Go to Top of Page

Serge Diekstra
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 27 January 2004 :  10:04:18  Show Profile
Hi asafdr,

Which version did you add this to, this is great! Have you published the code somewhere?

Kind regards,

Serge Diekstra
Go to Top of Page

asafdr

Israel
90 Posts

Posted - 02 February 2004 :  21:56:57  Show Profile  Send asafdr an ICQ Message
i dont published it yet.
Go to Top of Page

wizard

208 Posts

Posted - 03 February 2004 :  02:38:19  Show Profile  Visit wizard's Homepage
Well, that "David's" MOD which you provided the link to should do the job you want. What it does is actually add another option in the member's profile in which you can specify if the admin can access the admin options. So maybe to make things clearer:

Case 1
Username: John
Mem Level: Admin
Admin options allow: No

Case 2
Username: Ron
Mem Level: Admin
Admin options allow: Yes

In the above 2 cases, only Ron will have the full admin access while John will only function like a super moderator. Do note however, that both John and Ron can edit member's profile. However if you dun want that to happen, you can just add the code in for that part as well. I think it would be the same code you have to add for the admin_login.asp

Edited by - wizard on 03 February 2004 02:40:15
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07