Snitz Forums 2000
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community Forums
 Community Discussions (All other subjects)
 New Winamp 5.01
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 27 December 2003 :  15:54:46  Show Profile
For those who love to use the latest software, the new Winamp version is out. For those who have already tried it out, post your opinions on the new version.

http://www.winamp.com

Support Snitz Forums

TestMagic

USA
1568 Posts

Posted - 27 December 2003 :  22:27:21  Show Profile  Visit TestMagic's Homepage
Downloaded it a few days back, and after a bumpy install (ended up having to un-install Winamp 3.0 first to get it to work right), it's working pretty well. Nice new look and new features. I like the "opaque on focus/hover" feature," for one. Oh, and of course there's the option to pay for the Pro version, US $14.95, if you want to rip MP3's with Winamp.

Snitz rocks! · Search 2
Go to Top of Page

sr_erick

USA
1318 Posts

Posted - 27 December 2003 :  22:57:52  Show Profile  Visit sr_erick's Homepage  Send sr_erick a Yahoo! Message
I like this version of WinAmp. Downloaded it and am using it now.

Erick
Snowmobile Fanatics

Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 27 December 2003 :  23:11:00  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
I used the beta for about 2 months and it was fine, but I reverted to the classic winamp look because the new look is too big and bulky. however, aside from that it was pretty good, a much better release than the 3.x which was plagued with bugs.

Go to Top of Page

sr_erick

USA
1318 Posts

Posted - 28 December 2003 :  01:37:18  Show Profile  Visit sr_erick's Homepage  Send sr_erick a Yahoo! Message
I don't think the new interface or skin is "fat" at all really. Perhaps it is the rounded edges throwing you off. It is real easy to navigate and understand. I like some of the new features of this version. The skin color themes is a nice one, the lack of advertising, which is also good, and that you can really make it do what you want unlike other music players.

Erick
Snowmobile Fanatics

Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 28 December 2003 :  20:51:23  Show Profile
I had no problems installing on top of my winamp 3 version. It detected I had winamp 3 installed and asked if I wanted to upgrade or install into a new directory.

I agree with most of you. I especially like the playlist manager. It really categorizes each and every one of your music files into a number of categories. Very impressive in my opinion.

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 28 December 2003 :  21:16:28  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by sr_erick

I don't think the new interface or skin is "fat" at all really. Perhaps it is the rounded edges throwing you off. It is real easy to navigate and understand. I like some of the new features of this version. The skin color themes is a nice one, the lack of advertising, which is also good, and that you can really make it do what you want unlike other music players.

"fat" as in more resource intensive. With the classic skin, minimizing/maximizing winamp is instantaneous, but with the modern skin, it's not.
Go to Top of Page

The Impact

Australia
398 Posts

Posted - 29 December 2003 :  01:48:47  Show Profile
Not sure why but the .01 seems to make a difference.

Maybe a bug - but this computer always used to crash while loading the original.

I changed the installation folder to /Winamp5 and set it to the files which it can play.

Works fine here !
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07