Snitz Forums 2000
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community Forums
 Community Discussions (All other subjects)
 Raffle ticket system
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Roland
Advanced Member

Netherlands
9335 Posts

Posted - 16 December 2003 :  05:58:43  Show Profile
I'm thinking about setting up a raffle sort of system on my site, which will then be used as a lottery for prizes inside a chat/game called There (http://www.there.com). Now I'm wondering if there's anything around that I can use out of the box or with little changes instead of me making it myself.

Basically I want to set a number of tickets and then a page where the person enters his/her name (must be unique) and gets a ticket number shown along with the prize they can win. Once all tickets have been given, the entry page shows that the raffle is closed and a winner will be picked within 48 hours.
Ideally the administration would be online too, but I could do that by downloading/uploading the database.
Also optional multiple raffles at the same time, allowing the user to pick one of the raffles (optionally participating in two or more at the same time).

Am I asking too much, or is this doable?

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 18 December 2003 :  20:09:10  Show Profile
I did some searching and didn't really come up with anything like what you are looking for. There just isn't that much out there dealing with raffles. It seems like a desirable application.

How do you like There? My wife has been playing for a few months now, she's pretty much addicted to it right now.
Go to Top of Page

Roland
Advanced Member

Netherlands
9335 Posts

Posted - 27 December 2003 :  14:37:35  Show Profile
I like it, but hoped things to be more action rather than what it is. But, I've been invited to join in the new beta, so maybe things'll change for the better soon.

As for the raffle system, I'm not going through with it. After giving it some more thought it just seems like too much of a hassle. Thanks for looking into it though :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07