New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

raygers
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 04 December 2003 :  01:50:55  Show Profile
Hi

Has anyone written an add-in to authenticate off an LDAP server. We are running LDAP on a NT enviroment and I would like to incorporate this into the login process instead of everyone in our dept having to register on the forum....

Thanks
Ray

Nikkol
Forum Moderator

USA
6907 Posts

Posted - 04 December 2003 :  10:36:09  Show Profile
use NT authentication. People still have to register, but all that means is that they are placed in the snitz database and can choose a username different from their network username. However, they are authenticated using their NT username.

Nikkol ~ Help Us Help You | ReadMe | 3.4.03 fixes | security fixes ~
Go to Top of Page

raygers
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 05 December 2003 :  08:53:33  Show Profile
Thanks...I managed to get the NT authentication working after setting up IIS properly..I just didn't want them have to register, however I saw the importance of it when I installed the usergroup mod and figured out there is no other way around it...

quote:
Originally posted by Nikkol

use NT authentication. People still have to register, but all that means is that they are placed in the snitz database and can choose a username different from their network username. However, they are authenticated using their NT username.

Go to Top of Page

chrislna
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 18 March 2004 :  13:53:16  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Nikkol

We'd also like to use a ldap authentication setup. 2 years ago, the company I work at was purchased. It was purchased by a company that owned 3 other US based companies. We are now all on one network, but we have a ways to go until we are all on Windows, or Novell, or some common platform. Most likely an LDAP Directory server will be put into place way before other events occur.

I'm new to LDAP but my guess is it wouldn't be that hard to figure out, once the ldap query stuff was figured out. Then it would be just a matter of using a new authentication scheme.

The user would still enter their username and password, and Snitz would check to see if those matched on the ldap server. If so then they gained access to their profiled information within the Snitz database.

If I figure it out before you do, I'll pass along what we did.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07