Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 22 November 2003 :  06:20:39  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
I think this problem is related to the site integration mod but I am unsure. I have this mod installed.

When you login or logout and you get the normal login successful or logout message, the left side (inc_site_left.asp) disappears and the login message table appears snugged up to the left side. The header remains though. Looks terrible!

url = http://www.spinbusters.com
username/password = test/test

If any body has a fix for this I would sure appreciate it!

D3mon

United Kingdom
1685 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2003 :  12:39:18  Show Profile  Visit D3mon's Homepage
Sounds like a problem somebody had in conjunction with the Poll Mod IIRC.

Snitz 'Speedball' : Site Integration Mod : Friendly Registration Mod
"In war, the victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won"
Go to Top of Page

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2003 :  14:43:26  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
quote:
Originally posted by D3mon

Sounds like a problem somebody had in conjunction with the Poll Mod IIRC.

I have installed a Poll mod. I do not remember which one. Is there a fix? This looks horrible when logging in or out...
Go to Top of Page

D3mon

United Kingdom
1685 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2003 :  16:03:01  Show Profile  Visit D3mon's Homepage
I can't remember, have a look through the S.I. MOD thread to see if the user posted the fix.

"In war, the victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won"
Go to Top of Page

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2003 :  18:22:20  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
quote:

I can't remember, have a look through the S.I. MOD thread to see if the user posted the fix.

I just went through all six pages of that thread with no luck. D3mon, could you do a quick login with the info above and take a look maybe you will have a idea for the direction I could start looking to fix it (if you don't mind) Thanks
Go to Top of Page

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2003 :  19:54:21  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
I added align=center in the td tag that incloses inc_site_left.asp in the inc_header and fixed the alignment. Still have the problem of background image and writing the footer on login and logout.
Go to Top of Page

D3mon

United Kingdom
1685 Posts

Posted - 24 November 2003 :  07:46:01  Show Profile  Visit D3mon's Homepage
Add some lines to the start and end of each inc_site_* file - eg.

<!-- S.I. MOD Top Start -->
[code]
<!-- S.I. MOD Top End -->

It will be easier to see where the mod code is then.

Go to Top of Page

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 25 November 2003 :  00:25:57  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
quote:

Add some lines to the start and end of each inc_site_* file - eg.

<!-- S.I. MOD Top Start -->
[code]
<!-- S.I. MOD Top End -->

It will be easier to see where the mod code is then.

Ok, I did that. It did not help me with my limited knowledge. I am able to view source once the page is loaded but I see no change in source while the temporary "you have logged in successfully" message is being displayed.
Go to Top of Page

D3mon

United Kingdom
1685 Posts

Posted - 25 November 2003 :  05:14:08  Show Profile  Visit D3mon's Homepage
view source on this page show that your top file has this code in:
</tr>
  <tr>
    <td valign="top" background="imgs/left_bg.gif" width="190" align="center">

This will need to be a complete table to function correctly e.g.
<table>
<tr>
<td>
<td>
</tr>
</table>

Check your other inc_site_* files too.

Sorry read the code wrong.

Edited by - D3mon on 25 November 2003 05:20:30
Go to Top of Page

D3mon

United Kingdom
1685 Posts

Posted - 25 November 2003 :  05:26:41  Show Profile  Visit D3mon's Homepage
There seems to be a problem in your inc_site_left.asp code as the closing comment in that inlcude is missing from the source of the dodgy page.

Go to Top of Page

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 25 November 2003 :  12:13:51  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
I think I have narrowed it down to the inc_mylog.asp. I have stared at this thing trying to figure out how to fix it but I can not figure out how to get it to act right in this situation. Here are the links to the text versions if you want to see if anything stands out . By the way I really appreciate all your help and I really love this mod!

www.spinbusters.com/ftp/inc_mylog.txt
www.spinbusters.com/ftp/inc_site_left.txt if this one does not display right you can d/l it with a right click.

Thanks again.
Go to Top of Page

D3mon

United Kingdom
1685 Posts

Posted - 25 November 2003 :  12:17:33  Show Profile  Visit D3mon's Homepage
whats inc_mylog ??

Go to Top of Page

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 25 November 2003 :  12:19:42  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
quote:

whats inc_mylog ??

It is the login and logout code originally found in the inc_header.asp
Go to Top of Page

D3mon

United Kingdom
1685 Posts

Posted - 25 November 2003 :  14:50:58  Show Profile  Visit D3mon's Homepage
Drop that first and see if that's whats causing the problem

Go to Top of Page

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 25 November 2003 :  14:59:30  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
If I drop the mylog.asp, I won't have any way to login or out and will not be able to test it. I did drop everything else and still had the problem. Since the problem only appears when the login or logout results are displayed and removing the other includes has no effect then it has to be the way mylog.asp interacts with site integration. In loading inc_mylog.asp it displays the username / password fields fine. When logged in, that appears ok also. It is only when displaying the case login or case logout portion of the code that it acts up.
Go to Top of Page

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 26 November 2003 :  10:39:22  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
What if I changed the case login and case logout sections to redirect to another page that consisted of the original case login and case logout portions of code?
That way the Successful login or logged out messages would not try to write in the inc_site_left.asp area?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.47 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07