Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 18 November 2003 :  20:12:50  Show Profile
for other browsers you could have it just popup either a javascript alert box showing the URL, or a javascript prompt box showing the URL (like the way that IPB does it):

go here: http://forums.invisionpower.com/index.php?showtopic=102233

and click on the Posted: link right before where it shows the date/time the message was posted.
Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 18 November 2003 :  21:51:40  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
nice.

Go to Top of Page

kwhipp

USA
407 Posts

Posted - 18 November 2003 :  22:41:36  Show Profile  Visit kwhipp's Homepage  Send kwhipp an AOL message  Send kwhipp an ICQ Message  Send kwhipp a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by RichardKinser

for other browsers you could have it just popup either a javascript alert box showing the URL, or a javascript prompt box showing the URL (like the way that IPB does it):

go here: http://forums.invisionpower.com/index.php?showtopic=102233

and click on the Posted: link right before where it shows the date/time the message was posted.

Done!

- Kevin
Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 19 November 2003 :  10:16:24  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
How come you are using the javascript prompt method in IE? I would only use that for non-IE users and use the other method Richard posted for IE users.

Go to Top of Page

kwhipp

USA
407 Posts

Posted - 19 November 2003 :  11:01:41  Show Profile  Visit kwhipp's Homepage  Send kwhipp an AOL message  Send kwhipp an ICQ Message  Send kwhipp a Yahoo! Message
You're testing me, right dayve? I'll play with it later this afternoon to see if I can get it to work.

Patience. I'm a "code by error" coder.

- Kevin
Go to Top of Page

kwhipp

USA
407 Posts

Posted - 19 November 2003 :  11:43:55  Show Profile  Visit kwhipp's Homepage  Send kwhipp an AOL message  Send kwhipp an ICQ Message  Send kwhipp a Yahoo! Message
Okay so this afternoon came a little early. Would someone with a non-IE browser go here and click on the . I hope the alert box appears.

- Kevin
Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 19 November 2003 :  12:00:31  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by kwhipp

Okay so this afternoon came a little early. Would someone with a non-IE browser go here and click on the . I hope the alert box appears.

works just fine in Netscape, Opera and Mozilla Firebird. I assumed you had a browser check in your code so figured it would be a simple modification.

Edited by - dayve on 19 November 2003 12:01:06
Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 19 November 2003 :  12:02:36  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
wooops, not in Opera. I can provide the browser check for that if you want.

Go to Top of Page

kwhipp

USA
407 Posts

Posted - 19 November 2003 :  12:25:27  Show Profile  Visit kwhipp's Homepage  Send kwhipp an AOL message  Send kwhipp an ICQ Message  Send kwhipp a Yahoo! Message
dayve this may be a "simple modification" for some, this is my first time messing with javascript. Here is the script. Any suggestions for Opera?
<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
function ReplyURL(cpyurl){
  if ((navigator.appName == "Microsoft Internet Explorer") && (parseInt(navigator.appVersion) >= 4))
  {
    window.clipboardData.setData("Text", cpyurl);
  }
  else
  {
    txt=prompt("Copy the direct link to this reply below to store the link in your computer's clipboard.", cpyurl);
  }
}
</script>

- Kevin
Go to Top of Page

kwhipp

USA
407 Posts

Posted - 19 November 2003 :  17:14:33  Show Profile  Visit kwhipp's Homepage  Send kwhipp an AOL message  Send kwhipp an ICQ Message  Send kwhipp a Yahoo! Message
Okay, I went ahead installed each of the following: Netscape 7.1, Opera 7.22, Mozilla 1.5 and Mozilla Firebird 0.7. It did work in all of them except Mozilla Firebird. I will go ahead and update the download to include the new script.

- Kevin

Edited by - kwhipp on 19 November 2003 17:43:40
Go to Top of Page

macho

Denmark
150 Posts

Posted - 19 November 2003 :  20:40:26  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by RichardKinser

quote:
Originally posted by Ez4arab

Demo does not work
sure it does, just place your mouse pointer over the and then right click and choose "Copy Shortcut".

If it works like you say, how come I get this link:
javascript:ReplyURL('http://whipp.us/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=42#51'); (the whole line)
if I right-click the ? Wasn't it supposed to only give me this:
http://whipp.us/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=42#51 if I say right-click and copy shortcut?

regards
Macho

Edited by - macho on 19 November 2003 20:42:17
Go to Top of Page

kwhipp

USA
407 Posts

Posted - 19 November 2003 :  20:44:13  Show Profile  Visit kwhipp's Homepage  Send kwhipp an AOL message  Send kwhipp an ICQ Message  Send kwhipp a Yahoo! Message
macho -

That was the first release. Now you just have to do is left-click the globe.

- Kevin
Go to Top of Page

macho

Denmark
150 Posts

Posted - 19 November 2003 :  20:51:01  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by kwhipp

macho -

That was the first release. Now you just have to do is left-click the globe.

kwhipp - I must have been sleeping - sorry for my mistake. When will I ever learn to read through all the posts before making questions ?

regards
Macho
Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 26 November 2003 :  01:59:02  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
Your browser check still doesn't seem to work right with Opera. Here is a javascript browser check
I always use that works like a champ. Include this in your inc_header.asp

function lib_bwcheck(){ 
	this.ver=navigator.appVersion
	this.agent=navigator.userAgent
	this.dom=document.getElementById?1:0
	this.opera5=this.agent.indexOf("Opera 5")>-1
	this.opera6=this.agent.indexOf("Opera 6")>-1
	this.opera7=this.agent.indexOf("Opera 7")>-1
	this.opera = (this.opera5 || this.opera6 || this.opera7)
	this.ie5=(this.ver.indexOf("MSIE 5")>-1 && this.dom && !this.opera5)?1:0; 
	this.ie6=(this.ver.indexOf("MSIE 6")>-1 && this.dom && !this.opera5)?1:0;
	this.ie4=(document.all && !this.dom && !this.opera5)?1:0;
	this.ie=this.ie4||this.ie5||this.ie6
	this.mac=this.agent.indexOf("Mac")>-1
	this.ns6=(this.dom && parseInt(this.ver) >= 5) ?1:0; 
	this.ns4=(document.layers && !this.dom)?1:0;
	this.bw=(this.ie6 || this.ie5 || this.ie4 || this.ns4 || this.ns6 || this.opera5 || this.opera6 || this.opera7)
	return this

}
var bw=new lib_bwcheck()

you can then change your code from this:

if ((navigator.appName == ""Microsoft Internet Explorer"") && (parseInt(navigator.appVersion) >= 4))" & vbNewLine & _

to this:

if (bw.ie && !bw.opera)" & vbNewLine & _

I just tested it and it works perfectly. The problem is that Opera will register as Microsoft Internet Explorer and the version will be greater than 4. You have to check the actual index of the agent for the word Opera which is what the browser check script I provided does.

Go to Top of Page

kwhipp

USA
407 Posts

Posted - 26 November 2003 :  09:52:39  Show Profile  Visit kwhipp's Homepage  Send kwhipp an AOL message  Send kwhipp an ICQ Message  Send kwhipp a Yahoo! Message
dayve, I've updated my page with your code suggestions. Before I update the ZIP file, would you check it out(http://whipp.us/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=42).

Thanks.

- Kevin
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.18 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07