Login layout
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Question
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 11 November 2003 :  17:19:48  Show Profile
Hi there, i have a snitz forum using some of serverhacker's mods and some others.

The question i have is, at the top of the forum, currently, where the login functionality is, it shows

The login box for user name
And below it
The password box for user's
And besides these two boxes is
The login button

I have seen, on both snitz and other website forums, that both boxes are side by side, and the login button is located at the end.

Is this change in code easy to do? (as i am a complete novice) If so, does anyone know what i woud have to change in order to get this type of layout.

Thanks

Rasco
Advanced Member

Germany
3192 Posts

Posted - 12 November 2003 :  02:56:54  Show Profile  Send Rasco an ICQ Message
Sorry, I don`t know Serverhackers forum, but it shouldn`t be to hard to change. The code is in inc_header.asp

German Snitz Forum
Go to Top of Page

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 12 November 2003 :  03:38:05  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
Is this the way you want it to look?
www.spinbusters.com
Go to Top of Page

Reinsnitz
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 12 November 2003 :  09:14:09  Show Profile  Visit Reinsnitz's Homepage  Send Reinsnitz an AOL message  Send Reinsnitz an ICQ Message  Send Reinsnitz a Yahoo! Message
I think they are looking for Horizontal alignment... not vertical ;)

Username Password Login/Logout

Reinsnitz (Mike)
Go to Top of Page

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 12 November 2003 :  10:15:21  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
quote:
Originally posted by Reinsnitz

I think they are looking for Horizontal alignment... not vertical ;)

Username Password Login/Logout

Sorry, I misunderstood. Here this might help. This is the code from the standard Snitz header. Just find the section that look like this:
if (mlev = 0) then
	if not(Instr(Request.ServerVariables("Path_Info"), "register.asp") > 0) and _
	not(Instr(Request.ServerVariables("Path_Info"), "policy.asp") > 0) and _
	not(Instr(Request.ServerVariables("Path_Info"), "pop_profile.asp") > 0) and _
	not(Instr(Request.ServerVariables("Path_Info"), "search.asp") > 0) and _
	not(Instr(Request.ServerVariables("Path_Info"), "login.asp") > 0) and _
	not(Instr(Request.ServerVariables("Path_Info"), "password.asp") > 0) and _
	not(Instr(Request.ServerVariables("Path_Info"), "faq.asp") > 0) then

and make the next bit of code below the above code look like this:

Response.Write	"        <form action=""" & Request.ServerVariables("URL") & """ method=""post"" id=""form1"" name=""form1"">" & vbNewLine & _
				"        <input type=""hidden"" name=""Method_Type"" value=""login"">" & vbNewLine & _
				"        <tr>" & vbNewLine & _
				"          <td align=""center"">" & vbNewLine & _
				"            <table>" & vbNewLine & _
				"              <tr>" & vbNewLine
		if (strAuthType = "db") then
			Response.Write	"                <td><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strFooterFontSize & """><b>Username:</b></font><br />" & vbNewLine & _
					"                <input type=""text"" name=""Name"" size=""10"" maxLength=""25"" value=""""></td>" & vbNewLine & _
					"                <td><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strFooterFontSize & """><b>Password:</b></font><br />" & vbNewLine & _
					"                <input type=""password"" name=""Password"" size=""10"" maxLength=""25"" value=""""></td>" & vbNewLine & _
					"                <td valign=""bottom"">" & vbNewLine
			if strGfxButtons = "1" then
				Response.Write	"                <input src=""" & strImageUrl & "button_login.gif"" type=""image"" border=""0"" value=""Login"" id=""submit1"" name=""Login"">" & vbNewLine
			else
				Response.Write	"                <input type=""submit"" value=""Login"" id=""submit1"" name=""submit1"">" & vbNewLine
			end if 
			Response.Write	"                </td>" & vbNewLine & _
					"              </tr>" & vbNewLine & _
					"              <tr>" & vbNewLine & _
					"                <td colspan=""3"" align=""left""><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strFooterFontSize & """>" & vbNewLine & _
					"                <input type=""checkbox"" name=""SavePassWord"" value=""true"" tabindex=""-1"" CHECKED><b> Save Password</b></font></td>" & vbNewLine
		else
			if (strAuthType = "nt") then 
				Response.Write	"                <td><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""1""  color=""" & strHiLiteFontColor & """>Please <a href=""policy.asp"" tabindex=""-1"">register</a> to post in these Forums</font></td>" & vbNewLine
			end if
		end if 
		Response.Write	"              </tr>" & vbNewLine
		if (lcase(strEmail) = "1") then
			Response.Write	"              <tr>" & vbNewLine & _
					"                <td colspan=""3"" align=""left""><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strFooterFontSize & """>" & vbNewLine & _
					"                <a href=""password.asp""" & dWStatus("Choose a new password if you have forgotten your current one...") & " tabindex=""-1"">Forgot your "
			if strAuthType = "nt" then Response.Write("Admin ")
			Response.Write	"Password?</a>" & vbNewLine
			if (lcase(strNoCookies) = "1") then
				Response.Write	"                |" & vbNewLine & _
						"                <a href=""admin_home.asp""" & dWStatus("Access the Forum Admin Functions...") & " tabindex=""-1"">Admin Options</a>" & vbNewLine
			end if
			Response.Write	"                <br /><br /></font></td>" & vbNewLine & _
					"              </tr>" & vbNewLine
		end if
		Response.Write	"            </table>" & vbNewLine & _
				"          </td>" & vbNewLine & _
				"        </tr>" & vbNewLine & _
				"        </form>" & vbNewLine
	end if

The only thing that was done to the original to make it vertical was adding some cells and table rows. Try to find the corresponding areas in your inc_header.asp and replace them with the above.
Go to Top of Page

Question
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 12 November 2003 :  10:45:10  Show Profile
Thanks, il give it a try.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07