Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 19

masterao

Sweden
1678 Posts

Posted - 08 December 2003 :  14:44:03  Show Profile  Visit masterao's Homepage
Thanks, WWS. Im just trying to help, as the Snitz community is about sharing and helping.

Jan
===========
FR Portal Forums | Active Users 4.0.20 Mod
Go to Top of Page

RArch

United Kingdom
103 Posts

Posted - 08 December 2003 :  16:48:43  Show Profile
When using active users with the calandar mod you may run into an error when a user is viewing an event:

quote:
Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e14'
Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression 'TOPIC_ID==806'.

/forum/active_users.asp, line 506

Its described here including the fix by laser
http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=37494

Edited by - RArch on 08 December 2003 16:49:21
Go to Top of Page

acoustika

Denmark
311 Posts

Posted - 13 December 2003 :  14:25:00  Show Profile  Visit acoustika's Homepage  Send acoustika an ICQ Message
I have installed this MOD and didn't seem to have any problems with it, but I just recent openend my site and submitted it to tons of search engines, But I can observe that every time a spider or crawler is a my site (Have spotted several) the ALWAYS ONLY crawl my Classifieds MOD, ALWAYs on Active user they show as being on Classifieds. Anyone?????
Cause I would very much like to change this, and also maybe something is wrong at my site so the spiders go wrong??????????

May The Code Be With You
www.UniqueDk.dk *** The Open Forums of Denmark ***

Edited by - acoustika on 13 December 2003 14:26:33
Go to Top of Page

acoustika

Denmark
311 Posts

Posted - 13 December 2003 :  21:23:04  Show Profile  Visit acoustika's Homepage  Send acoustika an ICQ Message
Anyone?????????????

I would very much like to know if the only is spidering the Classifieds and how this come.
But that can't be right can it??????? I also have installed the topicmaker, and think it's workin as it should. I made an invisible link on both my index.htm and my topframe page. So it should see that toic index page too.

May The Code Be With You
Go to Top of Page

masterao

Sweden
1678 Posts

Posted - 13 December 2003 :  22:54:09  Show Profile  Visit masterao's Homepage
acoustica, do all guests seem to be viewing classifieds? What about members?

Jan
===========
Go to Top of Page

acoustika

Denmark
311 Posts

Posted - 13 December 2003 :  22:56:54  Show Profile  Visit acoustika's Homepage  Send acoustika an ICQ Message
Nope it is ONLY the spiders, everything else seems fine, I can track my guest and so, it's definately only the spiders.
Both members and guest are showing where they are :-)

May The Code Be With You

Edited by - acoustika on 13 December 2003 22:57:44
Go to Top of Page

acoustika

Denmark
311 Posts

Posted - 13 December 2003 :  23:01:18  Show Profile  Visit acoustika's Homepage  Send acoustika an ICQ Message
Every time I have spotted a spider it's on Classifieds, have NEVER seen them on anything else, ????? is this the MOD or are they in fact only spidering the Classifieds?. Can you tell me????

May The Code Be With You

Edited by - acoustika on 13 December 2003 23:01:51
Go to Top of Page

masterao

Sweden
1678 Posts

Posted - 13 December 2003 :  23:04:52  Show Profile  Visit masterao's Homepage
Im not able to check it out right away, as Im about to get some sleep. Could you post a link to a text version of your active_users.asp, and I'll take a look at later today. This seems similar to the problem that Jaq24 has with this mod (see his post in the Mod Implementation forum).

Jan
===========
Go to Top of Page

acoustika

Denmark
311 Posts

Posted - 13 December 2003 :  23:06:55  Show Profile  Visit acoustika's Homepage  Send acoustika an ICQ Message
okay, I'll post a .txt file for you to look at when you have the time ;-)
And I'll look at his post ;-)
Thanks

May The Code Be With You
Go to Top of Page

acoustika

Denmark
311 Posts

Posted - 13 December 2003 :  23:11:18  Show Profile  Visit acoustika's Homepage  Send acoustika an ICQ Message
here is my active_users.txt
active_users.txt
Anything else, like other files og permit to anything on my site just say so ;-)

I have read the thread from Jag now, and that doesn't seem to be the same prob. My guests and members are showing just fine ;-)
But I have made som changes in default.asp to make my FORUM_ID=x go to the classifieds MOD, can it be this you think???

Here is a .txt of the part in default.asp i changed, you can search/look for
' added for køb salg '
but it's regarding forum_ID=17 all the changes I made

defaultbit.txt

May The Code Be With You

Edited by - acoustika on 13 December 2003 23:39:43
Go to Top of Page

acoustika

Denmark
311 Posts

Posted - 14 December 2003 :  00:42:35  Show Profile  Visit acoustika's Homepage  Send acoustika an ICQ Message
I have installed the google search bar, and in that if I choose site info --> google's caching of the page isn't I supposed to see what it has spidered, I can see my whole classifieds in that cache, but my index page and so on shows Nothing.

I have some frame javascript on some of my pages, I have this on my index page, could it be this blocking the spiders?????

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
// frameJammer_hp v3.2.2
<!--
if (self != top) // frame buster, may be removed
top.location.replace(self.location);

function frameJammer_hp(){
var framedPage = location.search;
if (framedPage.length > 1 && framedPage.indexOf("://") == -1){
framedPage = framedPage.substring(1);
var theSplit = framedPage.lastIndexOf('~');
var thePage = framedPage.substring(0,theSplit);
// insert anchor code here if required (see Help)
var theFrame = framedPage.substring(theSplit+1);
eval("top."+theFrame+".location.replace('"+ thePage+"')");}
}

// frameJammer_hp End
-->
</script>

May The Code Be With You

Edited by - acoustika on 14 December 2003 00:50:28
Go to Top of Page

acoustika

Denmark
311 Posts

Posted - 14 December 2003 :  05:27:16  Show Profile  Visit acoustika's Homepage  Send acoustika an ICQ Message
UPDATE for you masterao so you don't waste your time *LOL*
I don't know if I have fixed it completely, but I have tried removeing the above javascript from my index file, and now I have for the first time spotted a spider on other pages.
But i'm determent to find out if they are being blocked on my site, 'cause that would be a very stupid thing *Laugh*
I have the Topic maker MOD also installed, and to test I have made a ASP page with the active users handling on it and put it in my "topics" folder for the topic maker and made a link to it on the "topic maker's" index page. In my logic this should make the spiders go to my topics folder index page and further on to my newly made asp file, which I will be monitoring through the Active users panel, Am I right you think?????

May The Code Be With You

Edited by - acoustika on 14 December 2003 05:27:44
Go to Top of Page

masterao

Sweden
1678 Posts

Posted - 14 December 2003 :  18:31:45  Show Profile  Visit masterao's Homepage
I haven't had the time to look at any code at all today, so I'll do it tomorrow instead.

If you have made the forum-id to point towards the classifieds, it might be that the spider came to the forum, indexed it, then took the first link which I assume is the one which goes to the classifieds, and then they are out of the forums. If my reasoning is correct, it will only mean that it might take a little while longer before your website is spidered.

When a spider indexes a website, it can take anything from a couple of days to several months before it shows up on search engine.

Im not good with javascript, so I cannot say if the code you posted poses any problem or not.

If you have the AU mod to track all pages on your site, you should be able to see where a spider is most of the time.

Jan
===========
Go to Top of Page

acoustika

Denmark
311 Posts

Posted - 14 December 2003 :  18:49:14  Show Profile  Visit acoustika's Homepage  Send acoustika an ICQ Message
well thanks masterao
But anyways, most of the javascript on my site, was to make my bottom framed pages open in the frameset if the were hit directly, but who cares ;-) so I took most of the javascript out, and only left one script for my main bottom frame (the sites consists of a top and a bottom frame, nothing more nothing less :-))

So now I have seen a spider on "Forums" and "Websearch" :-)
Nice to have seen one on another page ;-)

So Now I think the javascript problem would be off, I certainly hope so :-)

May The Code Be With You
Go to Top of Page

acoustika

Denmark
311 Posts

Posted - 14 December 2003 :  18:52:40  Show Profile  Visit acoustika's Homepage  Send acoustika an ICQ Message
On a google search for an exact title from my forum gives me this, but this isn't the Topic maker's work is it???

UniqueDk Forum - Et Fedt Online RidderSpil
Indlæg Af, Emne, GammelPot Begynder Medlem. Danmark 4 Indlæg. Skrevet - 07 dec
2003 : 23:18:03 Vis Profil Send GammelPot en Privat Besked Besvar med Citat. ...
www.uniquedk.dk/forum/link.asp?TOPIC_ID=25 - 24k - Cached - Lignende sider

It isn,t hitting the Html page that topic maker would have made, it's rather that the spider has indexed the forums isn't it?????????

May The Code Be With You

Edited by - acoustika on 14 December 2003 18:53:58
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 19 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07