New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 19

dabugster

USA
168 Posts

Posted - 27 December 2004 :  06:14:18  Show Profile  Visit dabugster's Homepage  Send dabugster an AOL message  Send dabugster a Yahoo! Message
I am getting a guest that is really a bot, when i look at my active users table in table editor, it reads as this:
Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; BecomeBot/2.0beta; +http://www.become.com/webmasters.html)

From an ip range of:

Does anyone kno what i am suppossed to add to my code to make it show up as a bot?

Thanks

BUG
Go to Top of Page

masterao

Sweden
1678 Posts

Posted - 27 December 2004 :  09:50:31  Show Profile  Visit masterao's Homepage
Something like this, I think:

"BecomeBot/2.||BecomeBot/2.0beta||SEARCH ENGINE SPIDER"

It should be added after the last line of spiders/bots. Don't forget to add & vbcrlf & _ to the previous last line.

Jan
===========
FR Portal Forums | Active Users 4.0.20 Mod
Go to Top of Page

dabugster

USA
168 Posts

Posted - 27 December 2004 :  15:36:19  Show Profile  Visit dabugster's Homepage  Send dabugster an AOL message  Send dabugster a Yahoo! Message
Thanks a lot Masterao.
The bot isn't there now, but i know it will be back soon!
LOL
Go to Top of Page

dabugster

USA
168 Posts

Posted - 20 January 2005 :  14:09:28  Show Profile  Visit dabugster's Homepage  Send dabugster an AOL message  Send dabugster a Yahoo! Message
Is there an updated list of bots on this subject?
Go to Top of Page

Chuck McB

WooYay
196 Posts

Posted - 20 January 2005 :  14:15:25  Show Profile  Visit Chuck McB's Homepage  Send Chuck McB an ICQ Message
aspwiz seems to be AFK at the moment. I've got over 400 new agent emails that need to be sorted and added to the master list.
Go to Top of Page

GarethMoore1979

United Kingdom
220 Posts

Posted - 26 January 2005 :  18:20:57  Show Profile
Im having probems!!!

All my browser/OS stats are coming up as "No User Agent
SPOOFED" ALL OF THEM!!!

whats happened?
Go to Top of Page

ken derringer
Starting Member

40 Posts

Posted - 27 January 2005 :  06:32:40  Show Profile
Sorry for my question..
But, what is a spider?
I see that in my forum some times arriveded a spider...
It's normal?
Go to Top of Page

masterao

Sweden
1678 Posts

Posted - 27 January 2005 :  16:17:02  Show Profile  Visit masterao's Homepage
A web spider does only one thing, it visits web-sites and gathers information. This information can then be included in a search engine, for example.

And yes, it is normal to be visited by one, especially if there are links to your site on other websites, or if you have submitted your site to a search engine.

Jan
===========
FR Portal Forums | Active Users 4.0.20 Mod

Edited by - masterao on 27 January 2005 16:18:02
Go to Top of Page

dabugster

USA
168 Posts

Posted - 27 January 2005 :  21:01:31  Show Profile  Visit dabugster's Homepage  Send dabugster an AOL message  Send dabugster a Yahoo! Message
Anybody get the emails with weird User Agent Strings like this:

dkqxydvrwatmwdhsfehhwjjksmeyq
gsldmdc y hfnkqoqvwAanwsdfeaemgimu
cbpoexwkdvv6Dopnfpyjj
afifefhnaponugwFmunoifaimi rg
Go to Top of Page

Chuck McB

WooYay
196 Posts

Posted - 28 January 2005 :  08:52:06  Show Profile  Visit Chuck McB's Homepage  Send Chuck McB an ICQ Message
yup, they are real UA from folks/spiders who don't want us to know what they are using/who they are.
Go to Top of Page

dabugster

USA
168 Posts

Posted - 28 January 2005 :  13:39:03  Show Profile  Visit dabugster's Homepage  Send dabugster an AOL message  Send dabugster a Yahoo! Message
Well what is the code i add to get them to show up as a spider, or is there a code even?
I have no idea what i am suppossed to add when i get those emails.
Go to Top of Page

Chuck McB

WooYay
196 Posts

Posted - 28 January 2005 :  16:30:15  Show Profile  Visit Chuck McB's Homepage  Send Chuck McB an ICQ Message
you are not really meant to get them, the way the mod was set up it emailed me, I then added them to the master list but since aspwiz is AFK for sometime now I'm not able to add any new UAs.

TBH I would just delete the random one UA emails that you got, I'll ask folks to email them to me once I get access to update the master list.
Go to Top of Page

dabugster

USA
168 Posts

Posted - 28 January 2005 :  20:55:59  Show Profile  Visit dabugster's Homepage  Send dabugster an AOL message  Send dabugster a Yahoo! Message
what about yours, here:
http://soldatforums.com/display_source.asp?id=2

that is your site isn't it?
Go to Top of Page

Chuck McB

WooYay
196 Posts

Posted - 29 January 2005 :  04:40:05  Show Profile  Visit Chuck McB's Homepage  Send Chuck McB an ICQ Message
yes it is, but if you look at the code it only uses the UAs listed there if the masterlist on aspwiz's site is offline.
Go to Top of Page

dabugster

USA
168 Posts

Posted - 29 January 2005 :  11:21:28  Show Profile  Visit dabugster's Homepage  Send dabugster an AOL message  Send dabugster a Yahoo! Message
thats kool

Thanks Bro
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 19 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07