Redirect after login
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 08 November 2003 :  05:34:20  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
I am rolling my own "portal" page. What I would like to do is:
if the member logs on while on the portal page, after a successful login they get referred to the default.asp else if they login in from anywhere else in the forums they are returned to where they started the login process (default Snitz). Can anyone help me with the code? I looked at the referer part in the header but it was over my head

Edited by - RebelTech on 08 November 2003 05:43:40

Reinsnitz
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 08 November 2003 :  09:39:19  Show Profile  Visit Reinsnitz's Homepage  Send Reinsnitz an AOL message  Send Reinsnitz an ICQ Message  Send Reinsnitz a Yahoo! Message
the default behavior is to roll back to the page the person was on. This isn't what you want?

Reinsnitz (Mike)
Go to Top of Page

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 08 November 2003 :  11:00:58  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
quote:
Originally posted by Reinsnitz

the default behavior is to roll back to the page the person was on. This isn't what you want?

Yes, I want that every where in the forum. I was going to add a splash or portal page and when on the "portal" page and logging in I wanted it to take the member right into the forums rather than returning to the portal. I was just going to use the "portal" or "splash" page as a welcome page. I was hoping that it would be something as :

if http_referer = splash.asp then
redirect = default.asp
else
redirect = http_referer
end if

I know that what I wrote above is not working code but I was hoping for that kind of action. Can you think of any bad results from doing it like that?
Go to Top of Page

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 08 November 2003 :  11:50:04  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
In the login section of inc_header would this work?

if Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_REFERER") = "mysplash.asp" then

Response.Write	"<meta http-equiv=""Refresh"" content=""2; URL=""default.asp"") & """>" & vbNewLine & _
				"<p align=""center""><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """><a href=""default.asp"">Back To Forum</font></a></p>" & vbNewLine & _
				"<table align=""center"" border=""0"" cellPadding=""0"" cellSpacing=""0"" width=""95%"">" & vbNewLine & _
				"  <tr>" & vbNewLine & _
				"    <td>" & vbNewLine

else

Response.Write	"<meta http-equiv=""Refresh"" content=""2; URL=" & Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_REFERER") & """>" & vbNewLine & _
				"<p align=""center""><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """><a href=""" & Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_REFERER") & """>Back To Forum</font></a></p>" & vbNewLine & _
				"<table align=""center"" border=""0"" cellPadding=""0"" cellSpacing=""0"" width=""95%"">" & vbNewLine & _
				"  <tr>" & vbNewLine & _
				"    <td>" & vbNewLine

end if

Edited by - RebelTech on 08 November 2003 11:55:19
Go to Top of Page

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 09 November 2003 :  22:43:05  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
Anybody have a fix for the original post? Nothing from the replys worked.
Go to Top of Page

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 12 November 2003 :  02:19:54  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
<bump>
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.29 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07