New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

slopo
Starting Member

Bahamas
23 Posts

Posted - 30 October 2003 :  15:42:12  Show Profile
Hi everyone, just getting into this Snitz Forums stuff...

I have a new forum setup for math related topics - mostly geared toward high school students, college students, and parents.

I want to add a new format button that will allow students to select math symbols and expressions so they can post homework problems and teachers can provide help. The math symbols would be the ones ASCII either can't handle or people don't know how to make, like fractions exponents, square roots, etc. The students would be able to build equations in the message box that would look more like what they would normally see in a textbook.

My guess is that it would work similar to the smilies, so I would have to make separate images for each math sysmbol/expression, but I'm not sure. Can someone point me in the right direction for creating a new format button or something similar that can handle inserting math symbols?

Edited by - slopo on 30 October 2003 19:10:12

slopo
Starting Member

Bahamas
23 Posts

Posted - 31 October 2003 :  14:56:02  Show Profile
Anyone have any idea on what the best way to do this would be?
Go to Top of Page

davemaxwell
Access 2000 Support Moderator

USA
3020 Posts

Posted - 31 October 2003 :  15:05:30  Show Profile  Visit davemaxwell's Homepage  Send davemaxwell an AOL message  Send davemaxwell an ICQ Message  Send davemaxwell a Yahoo! Message
I think you're on the right track. Use the smilie code and create new images which will have the equations you're looking to add.

Dave Maxwell
Barbershop Harmony Freak
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.26 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07