Posting Anonymously in Only One Forum
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

october123
Starting Member

15 Posts

Posted - 26 October 2003 :  11:29:39  Show Profile
Is it possible to allow anonymous posting and registered posting in only one forum? I thought of creating an Anonymous username and password, but how do I set it up so people can't use the anonymous name in my other forums? Is there a better way to do this? I also don't want them to be able to change the profile of the Anonymous account. If you need to see my forum it is at www.cgi.org/infuse . I want the "Ask A Minister" forum to be the optional anonymous forum.

Thanks.

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 26 October 2003 :  13:26:54  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
Anonymous posting can also be achieved through a mod. Also I think that in order to restrict the "anonymous" user to a single forum you would need to install Nikkol's User Group Mod.

Snitz 3.4 Readme | Like the support? Support Snitz too
Go to Top of Page

richfed
Average Member

United States
999 Posts

Posted - 27 October 2003 :  04:34:11  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage
If you use the Anonymous Posting MOD, by DoraMoon, available, I think, at SnitzBitz, you can have as few or as many forums set up to allow this as you like. The anonymous poster cannot change the profile. The Anonymous Name will not appear elsewhere - but will be the same each time that particular poster makes a post in an anonymous-posting allowed forum. Their name is pre-defined, by you [same for all], with a numeric add-on, based on their IP.

Rich
[size=1]A Complete Idiot's Guide to MOD Implementation || On the Trail of the Last of the Mohicans[/size=1]
Go to Top of Page

october123
Starting Member

15 Posts

Posted - 27 October 2003 :  14:44:28  Show Profile
I saw a Anonymous Access MOD at SnitzBitz but when I click on it I get this error: No Files For This MOD Found

Does anyone know if it is available anywhere else?
Go to Top of Page

Rasco
Advanced Member

Germany
3192 Posts

Posted - 27 October 2003 :  16:10:27  Show Profile  Send Rasco an ICQ Message
Look here:

http://www.snitzbitz.com/mods/details.asp?Version=All&mid=93

German Snitz Forum
Go to Top of Page

october123
Starting Member

15 Posts

Posted - 28 October 2003 :  13:47:28  Show Profile
Perfect! Thank you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07