Lockable File Attachments/Posting
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

xtremebigair
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 23 October 2003 :  14:25:03  Show Profile
Has anyone create a mod so that the Forum users can post files/attachments and also make it lockable by the administrator?

Thanks,
Kinsley.

gelliott

USA
268 Posts

Posted - 24 October 2003 :  12:50:53  Show Profile
I have installed the Mike's File Attachments MOD but modified it to make the limitations (file size, file types, and required user level) editable using the admin pages. It's quite flexible. How do you intend to lock it? Turn it off and on by user, or off and on for everyone at once? The latter would be very easy to do - simply create a new forum variable, add it to the config table and the config.asp file so it loads, add it to an admin page to allow web access to change it's value, and show or hide the link based on the value of the variable.

* The optimist says the cup is half full. The pessimist says it's half empty. But the engineer knows the truth - the cup's design is incorrectly sized.

Edited by - gelliott on 24 October 2003 12:52:55
Go to Top of Page

xtremebigair
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 25 October 2003 :  19:07:43  Show Profile
Thanks Gelliot. I intend to allow the user to post pictures under 800K, or something like that.
Cheers,
Kinsley
Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 25 October 2003 :  20:13:30  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
wait, are you trying to restrict file sizes? if so that is easy. I thouht you were trying to prevent attachments from being downloaded.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07