(x) Member(s) awaiting approval
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mattkbishop
Starting Member

26 Posts

Posted - 22 October 2003 :  18:29:34  Show Profile
Should I get an email notifying me of this? Or do I just have to check the site everytime? Can I set it up so I get emailed everytime there is a new member?

Edited by - ruirib on 23 October 2003 16:10:38

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 22 October 2003 :  18:42:21  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
You have to check. I don't know whether someone made a mod for that, but certainly there has been talk about it, so I would suggest that you have a look or search the mod forums.

Snitz 3.4 Readme | Like the support? Support Snitz too
Go to Top of Page

gelliott

USA
268 Posts

Posted - 23 October 2003 :  12:55:04  Show Profile
The MOD is at http://www.snitzbitz.com/mods/details.asp?Version=All&mid=112

* The optimist says the cup is half full. The pessimist says it's half empty. But the engineer knows the truth - the cup's design is incorrectly sized.
Go to Top of Page

mattkbishop
Starting Member

26 Posts

Posted - 23 October 2003 :  15:25:46  Show Profile
Ok can I just check please as I don't understand much about this:

Insert this at line 579:
'################################### Administrator Notification Mod ########################

strRecipientsName = strSender
strRecipients = strSender
strFrom = strSender
strFromName = strSender
strsubject = strForumTitle & " Registration "
strMessage = Request.Form("Name") & " (" & Request.Form("Email") & ") has registered at " & strForumURL
%>
<!--#INCLUDE FILE="inc_mail.asp" -->
<%
'#############################End of Administrator Notification Mod ########################

Modify the code around line 637 (after inserting the above) to look like this:

if strRestrictReg = "1" then
Response.Write " <p align=""center""><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """>The Administrator has restricted registration on this forum. You will receive an e-mail as soon as the Administrator approves your request.</font></p>" & vbNewLine

'################################### Administrator Notification Mod ########################
Response.Write " <p align=""center""><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """>An Email has been forwarded to the Administrator</font></p>" & vbNewLine & _
" <p align=""center""><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """>You will be contacted shortly"
'#############################End of Administrator Notification Mod ########################

else
Response.Write " <p align=""center""><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """>Please follow the instructions in the e-mail that has been sent to " & ChkString(Request.Form("Email"),"email") & " to complete your registration.</font></p>" & vbNewLine
end if

That's the instructions.... is that all to the inc_mail.asp file? There is a 01 thing as well there but I assume I just need this?
Go to Top of Page

mattkbishop
Starting Member

26 Posts

Posted - 24 October 2003 :  11:42:11  Show Profile
Anyone help?
Go to Top of Page

gelliott

USA
268 Posts

Posted - 24 October 2003 :  12:46:06  Show Profile
The 02 beta you downloaded is meant to suggest changes to register.asp but they don't say that in their instructions. You don't make any changes to inc_mail.asp at all.

My mod add-on for the 01 beta accomplishes the same thing, just in a different way, but the instructions are a little more clear as to which file to edit. Either should work.

* The optimist says the cup is half full. The pessimist says it's half empty. But the engineer knows the truth - the cup's design is incorrectly sized.
Go to Top of Page

mattkbishop
Starting Member

26 Posts

Posted - 27 October 2003 :  18:26:05  Show Profile
I'm sorry I'm totally lost now.

Basically, I want the:
Email Notification for User Registration Addon's

One?
Go to Top of Page

gelliott

USA
268 Posts

Posted - 28 October 2003 :  12:40:18  Show Profile
Sorry - pick either one of the following options, both do the same thing:

1) Use the 02 beta to make changes to register.asp (the instructions fail to mention the filename).
2) Use the 01 add-on whose instructions are complete.

Go to Top of Page

mattkbishop
Starting Member

26 Posts

Posted - 28 October 2003 :  14:48:06  Show Profile
Thanks, will get onto this tomorrow or this evening and let you know how it goes.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07