MOD Add-On Forum (W/O Code)
 ADD EXPIRATION
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wasim

USA
121 Posts

Posted - 18 October 2003 :  23:59:20  Show Profile  Visit wasim's Homepage  Send wasim an AOL message  Send wasim an ICQ Message  Send wasim a Yahoo! Message
i would like to add an admin area where i can set a certain amount of time till the user account "expires" . basically by selecting a date for the expiration via drop downs (month/date/year). when the user account expires... a message will show up in inc_header on every page that says.. you memebership needs to be renewed or something along those lines. please advise.

The Impact

Australia
398 Posts

Posted - 19 October 2003 :  00:39:58  Show Profile
Have you seen the Inactive Users MOD ? This is similar, you can check how long since a user visited and then send out a reminder email to them.

I have not seen a MOD like your description though.
Go to Top of Page

wasim

USA
121 Posts

Posted - 20 October 2003 :  09:55:49  Show Profile  Visit wasim's Homepage  Send wasim an AOL message  Send wasim an ICQ Message  Send wasim a Yahoo! Message
yes but this is based on visit and i need to set the date myself. can anyone help me with this?
Go to Top of Page

redbrad0
Advanced Member

USA
3725 Posts

Posted - 20 October 2003 :  11:39:21  Show Profile  Visit redbrad0's Homepage  Send redbrad0 an AOL message
I have wrote something like this for a customer that used Snitz. Basically she was able to set how many days a membership was for. When the user signed up on the site then it was given XXX amount of days and then after it was expired it wouldnt let them go anywhere else on the site until they paid at paypal for another given xxx amount of time.

Brad
Oklahoma City Online Entertainment Guide
Oklahoma Event Tickets
Go to Top of Page

homeacademy

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 20 October 2003 :  12:16:23  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by redbrad0

I have wrote something like this for a customer that used Snitz. Basically she was able to set how many days a membership was for. When the user signed up on the site then it was given XXX amount of days and then after it was expired it wouldnt let them go anywhere else on the site until they paid at paypal for another given xxx amount of time.

I'd really like this. In my case, I don't use paypal but would need to (as admin) give the user xxx more time when payment is recieved in the mail. I think I could handle that adaption, and know I can ask here for help if I need

Would you mind sharing the code you have?
Go to Top of Page

redbrad0
Advanced Member

USA
3725 Posts

Posted - 20 October 2003 :  13:28:10  Show Profile  Visit redbrad0's Homepage  Send redbrad0 an AOL message
I can help give some pointers on getting it setup, but its so spliced into there site to make it difficult to just paste the code. Here is the general idea on what i did.

1. Create Database field in members and pending members table (EX: M_EXPIREDATE) as a text field length 20
  2. when the user signs up insert into the expiration date todays date + XX days to expire
  3. when login script runs check the expiration date. if currentdate > expiration date then goto expired.asp page

Brad
Oklahoma City Online Entertainment Guide
Oklahoma Event Tickets
Go to Top of Page

homeacademy

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 20 October 2003 :  15:19:55  Show Profile
Makes sense. I'll give it a go. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07