Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

noriyuki
Starting Member

Japan
6 Posts

Posted - 18 October 2003 :  01:21:38  Show Profile
I got:
Database Setup.... Your strDBType is not set, please edit your config.asp to reflect your database type.

error.

My setting in config.asp is:

'strDBType = "sqlserver"
strDBType = "access"
'strDBType = "mysql"

'## Make sure to uncomment one of the strConnString lines and edit it so that it points to where your database is!
'strConnString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("snitz_forums_2000.mdb") '## MS Access 2000 using virtual path
'strConnString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("/USERNAME/db/snitz_forums_2000.mdb") '## MS Access 2000 on Brinkster
strConnString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=\\NASNETB\HostingRoot\f\r\xxxxxxx.co.jp\db2\snitz_forums_2000.mdb" '## MS Access 2000
'strConnString = "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" & Server.MapPath("snitz_forums_2000.mdb") '## MS Access 97 using virtual path
'strConnString = "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" & Server.MapPath("/USERNAME/db/snitz_forums_2000.mdb") '## MS Access 97 on Brinkster
'strConnString = "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=c:\inetpub\dbroot\snitz_forums_2000.mdb" '## MS Access 97
'strConnString = "Provider=SQLOLEDB;Data Source=SERVER_NAME;database=DB_NAME;uid=UID;pwd=PWD;" '## MS SQL Server 6.x/7.x/2000 (OLEDB connection)
'strConnString = "driver={SQL Server};server=SERVER_NAME;uid=UID;pwd=PWD;database=DB_NAME" '## MS SQL Server 6.x/7.x/2000 (ODBC connection)
'strConnString = "driver=MySQL;server=SERVER_IP;uid=UID;pwd=PWD;database=DB_NAME" '## MySQL
'strConnString = "DSN_NAME" '## DSN

What do I do wrong?

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 18 October 2003 :  04:28:04  Show Profile
What does this have to do with the poll mod, may I ask?
Looks like you're still trying to setup your forum.

Did you make sure you uploaded your config.asp file to your forum folder, after you made the changes?
Your server might also be caching your config.asp file. So you think you are using the updated file, when you are still using and older file.

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page

noriyuki
Starting Member

Japan
6 Posts

Posted - 18 October 2003 :  05:07:40  Show Profile
I was trying implement Poll MOD to exiting forum(it was running just fine). Uploaded "dbs_poll_uninstall.asp" file and ran "MOD Setup" from Admin Option OK. Uploaded all other files including config.asp. Tried go to "setup.asp", then this symptom has occured!!
Go to Top of Page

noriyuki
Starting Member

Japan
6 Posts

Posted - 18 October 2003 :  05:22:49  Show Profile
Hi, Davio.

I downloaded config.asp file from the server. YES, it was original(unedited) file. It was my fault; working with different folder, uploading plain original files to the server.

Thank you very much.
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 18 October 2003 :  05:41:37  Show Profile
You're Welcome.

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.29 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07