Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 19 October 2003 :  02:02:34  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
I am still getting the error. I tracked it to the inc_header. When I get the error alert in IE and tell it to show source it points to:
<html>
The error is:
Microsoft jscript runtime error
object expected

I never saw this before I turned on "report every error" everything seemed to work EXCEPT forum titles or page titles did not appear in the title bar of the window nor did locations show the current url, it only reports my base www.txradio.org .
Anyway the source from the error matches up with the header.
The header looks ok to me, at least at the <html> line that the error is reporting.. Any fixes? The text file is available at
ftp://ftp.txradio.org/inc_header.txt if some merciful soul will help me pull my forum back from the brink of the abyss....
Go to Top of Page

cripto9t
Average Member

USA
881 Posts

Posted - 19 October 2003 :  08:07:55  Show Profile
I get the following errors on this page http://txradio.org/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=60. When I hover over the 1st post row I get 2 error messages pointing to line 286.
Line 286
<tr bgcolor="8D8DB6" onMouseOver="mOvr(this,'')" onMouseOut="mOut(this,'')">

hovering over 2nd post row I get 2 errors pointing to line 301.
Line 301
<tr bgcolor="8D8DB6" onMouseOver="mOvr(this,'')" onMouseOut="mOut(this,'')">

I searched your source and couldn't find a mOvr() mOut() function or a link to an external js file, so I think if you remove those those function calls or add the functions to the code it will fix this.

_-/Cripto9t\-_
Go to Top of Page

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 19 October 2003 :  17:16:59  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
crypto, I think you did it again! I had the hover mod installed and removed it because of the lag in responsiveness. Evidently, I missed this part. The mouseovers that you found were from the hover mod. IE 5.2.3 for Mac does not seem to report very specifically on errors... Thanks again crypto
Go to Top of Page

Roland
Advanced Member

Netherlands
9335 Posts

Posted - 19 October 2003 :  17:36:52  Show Profile
RebelTech, may I ask what the part "for the straight guy" means in this topic's subject? I find it offensive towards gays and therefore ask you to change it to something more suitable.
Go to Top of Page

cripto9t
Average Member

USA
881 Posts

Posted - 19 October 2003 :  18:11:30  Show Profile
quote:
Thanks again crypto
Your welcome .
quote:
RebelTech, may I ask what the part "for the straight guy" means in this topic's subject? I find it offensive towards gays and therefore ask you to change it to something more suitable.
Roland theres a show here in the states that's called "Queer eye for the straight guy" that stars a bunch of gay men. I've never watched the show, but it has been advertised alot lately. It's made all the talk shows "Letterman, Leno, etc..."

_-/Cripto9t\-_
Go to Top of Page

Roland
Advanced Member

Netherlands
9335 Posts

Posted - 19 October 2003 :  18:27:51  Show Profile
I absolutely love Will & Grace which is also about gay men, but that doesn't change that I believe the subject of this topic should be changed.

In the forums' policy it clearly states "Any user who finds material posted by another user objectionable is encouraged to contact us via e-mail. We are authorized by you to remove or modify any data submitted by you to these forums for any reason we feel constitutes a violation of our policies, whether stated, implied or not."
I believed this topic's subject was objectionable and therefore asked RebelTech to change the subject.

<edit> Thanks RebelTech for changing the subject </edit>

Edited by - Roland on 19 October 2003 18:30:05
Go to Top of Page

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 19 October 2003 :  18:31:06  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
quote:
Originally posted by Roland

I find it offensive

Sorry Roland and everyone else. I did not want to offend anyone. As crypto mentioned, It was a take off of a much publicized television show here in the U.S.. I truly apologize if any one was offended.
Go to Top of Page

Roland
Advanced Member

Netherlands
9335 Posts

Posted - 20 October 2003 :  05:38:00  Show Profile
No problem, I'd never heard of that show and I bet I'm not the only one.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07