Path Help Pronto
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 15 October 2003 :  14:04:15  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
I installed a java applet and in order to get it to work I had to house the containing .asp file outside my forum directory. Once I did that, most of the links in my header.asp no longer worked because I had the urls just calling the file name since they were in the same directory. I fixed most the links by adding "../forum/" to the urls. I could never get the private message or active user links to work, even though, they worked everywhere else. I need a fix for that but, the BIG problem is:
When ever browsing the forum NOT logged in and navigating to the page in question...none of the links work. They all assume an url of
www.txradio.org/whatever.asp
. Completely missing the
../forum/
I added in the inc_header.asp. Where do I fix this. I need to hurry in case I actually get some body who wants to become a user
Thanks

Edited by - ruirib on 15 October 2003 14:04:54

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 15 October 2003 :  14:12:05  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
Update

Ok, .asp voodoo at work! All links except Private Messages, Active Users, and Newest User Profile are working when logged in. When not logged in, Newest Member Profile not working. Any ideas?
Go to Top of Page

Roland
Advanced Member

Netherlands
9335 Posts

Posted - 15 October 2003 :  14:33:43  Show Profile
looks to me like it works the way it should: when you click on the "newest member" link, it gives the error that you must be logged in to view the member profiles.
Go to Top of Page

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 15 October 2003 :  14:48:22  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
quote:
Originally posted by FrutZle

looks to me like it works the way it should: when you click on the "newest member" link, it gives the error that you must be logged in to view the member profiles.

I see the name of the newest member when not logged in and when I click on the name while in the "exams" page I get a 404.

Can I ever go wrong by adding "../forum/" to any url when the file is in that directory?
Go to Top of Page

Roland
Advanced Member

Netherlands
9335 Posts

Posted - 15 October 2003 :  14:55:02  Show Profile
what's the "exams" page and which name is it that you click on? I think you've lost me... sorry.
Go to Top of Page

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 15 October 2003 :  15:19:33  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
quote:
Originally posted by FrutZle

what's the "exams" page and which name is it that you click on? I think you've lost me... sorry.

Sorry Roland. I tend to "freak" out when I go and break my forums(seems like I do that a lot!
If you choose "extras" in the header and then choose "Online Exams". At that point, you are actually outside my forum directory (scary out there). I think I have all the links in the header fixed except for PM, Active Users, Newest Member Profile. Private Messages and Active Users can not be seen when your not logged in. So... Newest Member's Profile is always broke from that page and the other two are broke when logged in. The address to the forum is below and you can use rgrund/rgrund to log on if you want.
BTW, I enjoyed working with you the other day and thanks again
Go to Top of Page

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 15 October 2003 :  15:55:49  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
Ok, new member profile fixed. It was in inc_func_common.asp. Now, to the pm
Go to Top of Page

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 15 October 2003 :  16:21:45  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
OK, PM fixed! It was in "privatemess.asp".

Relying on everyones vast knowledge of Snitz, Is there anytime when "../forumdirectory/" will throw off the way particular .asp will construct the full url?
For example, I saw this concerning active topics:
strHost = "http://" & Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_HOST")
strPath = Request.ServerVariables("PATH_INFO")
intPathLen = InStrRev(strPath,"/",-1)

Would "../forum/" throw off the way the url is constructed in this situation?
Go to Top of Page

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 16 October 2003 :  05:58:59  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
Sorry about the "double post". I was thinking that this after the fact question no longer fit in the original topic. I was not looking for a quick answer to the second question as there is no problem. I thought the question might help some other newbies.

quote:
Posted - 16 October 2003 :  05:38:47      
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please don't double post. You had asked the exact same question before: http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=48411
Wait for an answer at the original topic. I'm locking this one.
ruirib

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07