Links above the Login
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

EvilRick
Starting Member

37 Posts

Posted - 15 October 2003 :  12:35:06  Show Profile  Visit EvilRick's Homepage
I'd like to move the default links found above the Login/Logout.

I would like to move them to their own .asp file so that I can change it as needed w/o changing the inc_header.asp.

Heres' my inc_header.asp.txt

I just need to know the code that I can remove, yet still keep the inc_header.asp functional, and then put that conde in it's own .asp file to include in the inc_header.asp. Something like navigation.asp.

TIA

Edited by - EvilRick on 15 October 2003 12:41:28

Roland
Advanced Member

Netherlands
9335 Posts

Posted - 15 October 2003 :  12:56:02  Show Profile
the links are found at the very bottom of inc_header.asp in the sub sForumNavigation()
Are you planning on changing the links so often that it warants moving the navigation to a seperate file?
Go to Top of Page

EvilRick
Starting Member

37 Posts

Posted - 15 October 2003 :  13:02:02  Show Profile  Visit EvilRick's Homepage
I'm not changing the links so much as I'd like to include those links on other pages of my site w/o having login/logout showing.

I guess it would make more sense to remove them from "inc_header.asp", put them in something like "inc_navbar.asp" and then include "inc_navbar.asp" with "default.asp" instead of "inc_header.asp".

I could also then use "inc_navbar.asp" with other pages on the site w/o having login/logout.
Go to Top of Page

Roland
Advanced Member

Netherlands
9335 Posts

Posted - 15 October 2003 :  14:30:55  Show Profile
Makes sense when you put it like that, but since there's forum-specific codes in that sub, you will probably run into errors if you include it in other files that don't use the forum files.
Go to Top of Page

EvilRick
Starting Member

37 Posts

Posted - 15 October 2003 :  14:59:14  Show Profile  Visit EvilRick's Homepage
That's what I was afraid of.

I can't get the Portal MOD's or Content Management MOD's to work like they do on other sites, so I gave up on them.

What do they use here for "Home" ?
Go to Top of Page

Roland
Advanced Member

Netherlands
9335 Posts

Posted - 15 October 2003 :  15:06:17  Show Profile
I'd say the easiest thing to do is to leave the links in inc_header.asp as they are, and just making static links to use on the rest of your site. True, it'll require editing of two files when you change something in the navigation, but it's probably the easiest thing to do.
Go to Top of Page

EvilRick
Starting Member

37 Posts

Posted - 19 October 2003 :  21:14:55  Show Profile  Visit EvilRick's Homepage
So, would it be possible to move the links down so they're under the login, but still keep them in "inc_header.asp"?

I'd really like to get them at least under the login part.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.32 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07