Friendly Registration Mod
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MillerBeachSteve
Starting Member

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 15 October 2003 :  07:12:33  Show Profile  Visit MillerBeachSteve's Homepage
Hi, everything is working fine except that pasting the activation key in the text box that arrives does not work. Inserting the activation key and submitting returns me to the Registration Agreement. Maybe a connection problem? I'm posting my register.asp as text at http://www.spicerweb.org/forum/text/register.txt

Steve
Mods installed:
Friendly Registration, Email All, Invite a Friend, Active Users Lite, Event Calendar, Poll Mod.

Edited by - MillerBeachSteve on 15 October 2003 08:14:46

D3mon

United Kingdom
1685 Posts

Posted - 15 October 2003 :  11:22:38  Show Profile  Visit D3mon's Homepage
Does this have any other mods installed?

Snitz 'Speedball' : Site Integration Mod : Friendly Registration Mod
"In war, the victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won"
Go to Top of Page

MillerBeachSteve
Starting Member

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 15 October 2003 :  18:01:25  Show Profile  Visit MillerBeachSteve's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by D3mon

Does this have any other mods installed?

Dang...yeah. I had installed Random Password...that's probably it. I'll start over and see what happens.

Steve
Mods installed:
Friendly Registration, Email All, Invite a Friend, Active Users Lite, Event Calendar, Poll Mod.
Go to Top of Page

MillerBeachSteve
Starting Member

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 18 October 2003 :  19:45:12  Show Profile  Visit MillerBeachSteve's Homepage
It still doesn't work. I've created a new forum and this mod is the first installed. It puts the activation key in the M_KEY field in the Forum_Members_Pending table, and lets me activate as administrator, but the user is returned to the registration agreement. I've been over my register.asp file and it looks right. I'm pretty much a scripting dummy, but searching register.asp I don't see where anything is done with "strFormKey" other than it's set as a variable. http://www.spicerweb.org/miller/millerforum/text/Registermillerforum.txt
Using 3.4.03

Steve
Mods installed:

Edited by - MillerBeachSteve on 19 October 2003 05:49:40
Go to Top of Page

D3mon

United Kingdom
1685 Posts

Posted - 19 October 2003 :  17:42:51  Show Profile  Visit D3mon's Homepage
I just intalled it on my own forums and realised you were right, I've left out the principal code that checks the form data for the entered activation key I've no idea how that happened... working on the solution...

"In war, the victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won"
Go to Top of Page

D3mon

United Kingdom
1685 Posts

Posted - 19 October 2003 :  18:31:53  Show Profile  Visit D3mon's Homepage
Got it. I updated the MOD instructions and will email you an updated copy of your .txt that should fix the problems.

Go to Top of Page

MillerBeachSteve
Starting Member

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 19 October 2003 :  19:13:04  Show Profile  Visit MillerBeachSteve's Homepage
Thanks,
But my email replies to you have had permanent failures. Both through my mail program and trying to email you here. Don't quite know why. Go ahead and email the thing or post it somewhere. I'm quite curious to know how strFormKey is used.

Steve
Mods installed:
Go to Top of Page

MillerBeachSteve
Starting Member

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 19 October 2003 :  19:44:14  Show Profile  Visit MillerBeachSteve's Homepage
Thanks D2mon, I updated the file from your additions and corrections to http://www.buildyourown.org.uk/snitz/mods/fr_mod.htm and it works. But I'm still having permanent failures trying to email you. FYI.

Steve
Mods installed:
Go to Top of Page

D3mon

United Kingdom
1685 Posts

Posted - 20 October 2003 :  05:51:00  Show Profile  Visit D3mon's Homepage
Ah, I've been on a bit of a spam-killer mission of late and my usual email address has been down. I'll update my profile.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.35 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07