Help Groups for Snitz Forums 2000 Users
 Help: MOD Implementation
 ACtive users on SQL
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Philnguyen44

164 Posts

Posted - 14 October 2003 :  17:00:52  Show Profile  Visit Philnguyen44's Homepage  Send Philnguyen44 an AOL message
I just upgraded from Access to sql and the active users mod doesn't work.. it doesn't show up nor record infomation

http://philsserver.gotdns.com:81/active_users.asp

http://www.coasterfuel.com

weeweeslap

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - 14 October 2003 :  17:33:47  Show Profile  Visit weeweeslap's Homepage  Send weeweeslap an AOL message  Send weeweeslap a Yahoo! Message
Hey Phil, as you know I have the active users mod and it runs fine on MS SQL. I run my site on MS SQL and didn't have a problem putting it in, just dropped it in and it worked! I rans setup.asp for you and that didn't solve it. You did add the active users part to the inc_header.asp file, right?

coaster crazy
Go to Top of Page

weeweeslap

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - 14 October 2003 :  17:36:00  Show Profile  Visit weeweeslap's Homepage  Send weeweeslap an AOL message  Send weeweeslap a Yahoo! Message
I am pretty sure it has something to do with the database as right now I tried to register and upon hitting submitt I for the following error:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e2f'

Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'MEMBER_ID', table 'CoasterFuel.dbo.FORUM_MEMBERS'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.

/register.asp, line 569

check around with the host, maybe they have something going on that is making your site behave strangely.
WWS

coaster crazy
Go to Top of Page

Philnguyen44

164 Posts

Posted - 14 October 2003 :  17:41:22  Show Profile  Visit Philnguyen44's Homepage  Send Philnguyen44 an AOL message
ok my site's messed I just upgraded from ACcess to sql thats wuts up.. lol IM me on XAFMISSILE

http://www.coasterfuel.com
Go to Top of Page

masterao

Sweden
1678 Posts

Posted - 14 October 2003 :  18:40:17  Show Profile  Visit masterao's Homepage
If you have fixed the problems with the database, have you tried to configure active users again? It seems as if the variables for AU has been blanked, making it to not show up. After you have configured Au, check your installation from the admin section and it should work properly again.

If you need help with the upgrade, do a search on access to sql in the Help: Database: MS SQL Server-forum. You will find plenty of topics about that topic.

Jan
===========
FR Portal Forums | Active Users 4.0.20 Mod
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.32 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07