Topic Edited line inserted in post
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Baroudeur
Starting Member

25 Posts

Posted - 09 October 2003 :  05:47:26  Show Profile
Do you know how to modify code to have 'Edited by xxxx on xx/xx/xx) but with moderators or administrator too. When admin modify a topic this line did not appear. A good thing should be to have a check box when editing a post when you log as admin with the choice show/not show the line edited. It can be useful sometimes when a post is edited to move it upward on list topic. It is like a date stamp but with mod/admin too

Thx :)

This account was hacked into by Image, a very honest guy as you all can see! Stealing people's passwords is his pasttime. Beware of this, before you register at his forums!

Edited by - Baroudeur on 13 October 2003 12:06:13

davemaxwell
Access 2000 Support Moderator

USA
3020 Posts

Posted - 13 October 2003 :  12:33:40  Show Profile  Visit davemaxwell's Homepage  Send davemaxwell an AOL message  Send davemaxwell an ICQ Message  Send davemaxwell a Yahoo! Message
In post_info.asp, you would remove the if statement around this code:

if mLev < 4 and strEditedByDate = "1" then
			strSql = strSql & ", R_LAST_EDIT = '"  & DateToStr(strForumTimeAdjust) & "'"
			strSql = strSql & ", R_LAST_EDITBY = "  & MemberID
		end if

and from around this code:

if mLev < 4 and strEditedByDate = "1" then
			strSql = strSql & ", T_LAST_EDIT = '"  & DateToStr(strForumTimeAdjust) & "'"
			strSql = strSql & ", T_LAST_EDITBY = "  & MemberID
		end if                                                   

If you want to have the checkbox, you'll need to make changes in post.asp and post_info.asp. Look for the code related to moving and/or locking topics to find where you could put the checkbox. You would then need to update post_info.asp in these two places to handle that new checkbox.

Dave Maxwell
Barbershop Harmony Freak
Go to Top of Page

Baroudeur
Starting Member

25 Posts

Posted - 13 October 2003 :  13:16:51  Show Profile
Well i have done the remove of the 2 if as requested but when i log as an administrator i have not the line 'Edited by ......"
???
In fact these lines put on topic the phrase i need 'Edited by .... on ...', should i have to keep them and change the number of mLev < 4 to have this line when edited by an admin or moder ? I need just what is is writen under here

This account was hacked into by Image, a very honest guy as you all can see! Stealing people's passwords is his pasttime. Beware of this, before you register at his forums!

Edited by - Baroudeur on 13 October 2003 13:26:21
Go to Top of Page

davemaxwell
Access 2000 Support Moderator

USA
3020 Posts

Posted - 13 October 2003 :  14:02:49  Show Profile  Visit davemaxwell's Homepage  Send davemaxwell an AOL message  Send davemaxwell an ICQ Message  Send davemaxwell a Yahoo! Message
What I said was you needed to remove the IF statements from around those two lines of code, not remove the sections of code entirely. That will put the edited by line whenever anyone edits the text of a message.

Dave Maxwell
Barbershop Harmony Freak
Go to Top of Page

Baroudeur
Starting Member

25 Posts

Posted - 13 October 2003 :  15:22:54  Show Profile
ahhhhhh yessssssssss
i am so newbee
Tats works perfectly, i will work on the checkbox
Many thxxxxxxxxx

Hmmmm another hint i need, now i would like too when a post is edited he show 'Edited by......', the date of the post can be changed too ?

Edited by - Baroudeur on 13 October 2003 15:29:06
Go to Top of Page

Roland
Advanced Member

Netherlands
9335 Posts

Posted - 13 October 2003 :  15:49:16  Show Profile
Two things:
As far as I know, when a post gets edited it always gets moved back to the top of the list on forum.asp, regardless of whether or not the "edited by" line is shown or not. The same goes for who makes the edit.

Also, the date on which the topic has been posted won't change if you edit the post. It shows when the post was first made. The date on which it was edited is shown in the "edited by" line.
If you update the "Posted" date when a post is edited, you could end up with reply #1 being newer than reply #8 of the same topic if reply #1 gets edited after reply #8 was posted...
Go to Top of Page

Baroudeur
Starting Member

25 Posts

Posted - 14 October 2003 :  06:51:30  Show Profile
In fact no topic stay in first classed dates list, i would like when a topic is modified to make it appear on top list and on active topics too

Edited by - Baroudeur on 14 October 2003 06:52:02
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07