Calendar Mod - no upcoming or recent events
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 07 October 2003 :  12:35:44  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
I just installed the Calendar mod on my test forum. As far as I can tell all is working except that when I post a new event the resulting post is unreadable due to everything being all scrunched up and overwriting itself. It is like the containing table is trying to fit 100% into 10%. My test forum is at:
http://www.txradio.org/txradioforum/default.asp
and one of the test posts is at:
http://www.txradio.org/txradioforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=23
A login in is test / test.
All the files are available in text form by using the url:
ftp://ftp.txradio.org/ and the filename of the file you want with a .txt extension. Guys, thanks in advance for any help you can give!

Also, I just noticed, while in cal.asp, I can see a future (by 2 days) event turn the day red on the calendar but no event is listed under the future events table.

Updated 10-8-03 /1310 cst

Thanks to Davio - the draw problem mentioned above was fixed. There are still no events listed in either the "Recent Events" or "Upcoming Events" table on the main forum page or in the main calendar page. (edited original so that no one would waste time looking over code for the original problem)

Edited by - RebelTech on 08 October 2003 14:33:23

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 08 October 2003 :  04:50:16  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
I have stepped back through the mod instructions and it seems like everything was done ok. I can't figure this out. If any one could shed a little light I would appreciate it!
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 08 October 2003 :  05:23:57  Show Profile
Move lines 1047 - 1049:
	If IsEvent = "1" Then 
	%> <!-- #include file="cal_topic.asp" --> <% 
End If
And put it after line 1114:
Response.Write "<font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """ color= ... '<-- line 1114
If IsEvent = "1" Then 
	%> <!-- #include file="cal_topic.asp" --> <% 
End If
if Request.QueryString("SearchTerms") <> "" then
See if that helps.

Support Snitz Forums

Edited by - Davio on 08 October 2003 05:26:06
Go to Top of Page

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 08 October 2003 :  07:06:51  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
Davio, thank you for replying. Once again, you came through. Your solution fixed the display problem.
BUT, nothing is shown in the Upcoming Events or in the Recent Event. Can you help me with that one too?
Thanks again
Go to Top of Page

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 08 October 2003 :  14:34:21  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
Thanks to Davio - the draw problem mentioned above was fixed. There are still no events listed in either the "Recent Events" or "Upcoming Events" table on the main forum page or in the main calendar page.
Go to Top of Page

Faizan
Average Member

United Kingdom
592 Posts

Posted - 08 October 2003 :  14:36:07  Show Profile  Visit Faizan's Homepage  Send Faizan an AOL message  Send Faizan an ICQ Message  Send Faizan a Yahoo! Message
If you go in file cal_constants.asp, around line 4, it says:

'### The Number of Upcoming/Recent Events to Display ###
Const intEventstoDisplay = X

Change the X to the number of events you want to show. The default is 5, but I have 8 on my forum. You can obviously choose the number you like.

Hope that helps..

»Snitz Graphics
Go to Top of Page

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 09 October 2003 :  00:48:08  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
Thanks Fazian but, no go. All the settings looked good...Anybody?
Go to Top of Page

Cailean

Canada
75 Posts

Posted - 09 October 2003 :  08:24:03  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by RebelTech

There are still no events listed in either the "Recent Events" or "Upcoming Events" table on the main forum page

I can see 2 Upcoming (test4 & test5) and 2 Recent events (test & test2) on the main Forum page... Did you fix the problem?
Go to Top of Page

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 09 October 2003 :  09:40:21  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
This is getting really strange. Cailean, you say you can see the upcoming and recent? I just logged as the Administrator and with my personal account (administrator, not Super) and again with the test account (normal). I can see the dates on the calendar are colored but I see nothing under the upcoming or recent events list. I am going to go kill my cookies and try again.

Killed the cookies and went back...Still Nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Cailean

Canada
75 Posts

Posted - 09 October 2003 :  12:50:56  Show Profile
yep, I can see the upcoming & recent events in both default.asp and cal.asp.
Go to Top of Page

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 11 October 2003 :  04:49:36  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
Problems still exist, see topic:
http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=48302
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07