Time spent on forum
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mortioli
Average Member

United Kingdom
898 Posts

Posted - 27 August 2003 :  02:48:13  Show Profile  Visit mortioli's Homepage  Send mortioli an AOL message  Send mortioli a Yahoo! Message
Hiya!

Just wondered if anyone would be interested in making a MOD which would show how long each member has spent on the forum since they registered?

Cheers

Shaggy
Support Moderator

Ireland
6780 Posts

Posted - 27 August 2003 :  06:00:29  Show Profile
Sounds good and shouldn't be too dificult to implement if you already have the active users mod installed. All you would need to do is create an additional numeric field in the members table to hold the new value. Then, before the user is deleted from the active uesrs table in the ActiveUserTracker function, simply calculate the time they've been active for and update the field in the members table. Of course, the lower the timeout you have on activeusers, the more accurate it will all be, but be careful not to set it too low.

Search is your friend
“I was having a mildly paranoid day, mostly due to the
fact that the mad priest lady from over the river had
taken to nailing weasels to my front door again.”
Go to Top of Page

mortioli
Average Member

United Kingdom
898 Posts

Posted - 27 August 2003 :  13:52:29  Show Profile  Visit mortioli's Homepage  Send mortioli an AOL message  Send mortioli a Yahoo! Message
That would be cool *hint hint*

Would anyone be so kind

If it could kind of work out an approx time which existing members have been on would be good aswell..not sure how though...
Go to Top of Page

Shaggy
Support Moderator

Ireland
6780 Posts

Posted - 28 August 2003 :  06:22:08  Show Profile
It shouldn't be too difficult to put together, all that's needed is a dbs file, one change to inc_func_common.asp and minor changes to whichever pages you want the info to show on (members.asp, topic.asp or pop_profile.asp). Unfortuantely, there'll be no way of working out how much time existing members have already spent there unless you give tham all some arbitrary figure of, say, 30 mins. per each day registered but I think it would be better when displaying the time to say "x hours spent on line since date y" where date y is the sate you implemented the system. Anyhoo, fell free to pop into my Server Side Scripting forum and give us a hand writing/testing this.

Search is your friend
“I was having a mildly paranoid day, mostly due to the
fact that the mad priest lady from over the river had
taken to nailing weasels to my front door again.”
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07