Recurring Events (1st Mon,Last Tue,etc) & Holidays
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gelliott

USA
268 Posts

Posted - 19 July 2003 :  23:05:55  Show Profile
Find attached the (now correct) code for modifying Red's Recurring Events Calendar Mod (Beta v3 released 6/4/03) to allow the selection of recurring monthly dates such as the 1st Tues, 3rd Wed, Last Fri, etc. This ought to help in coding monthly meetings, and could potentially be modified to handle holidays such as Labor Day and Thanksgiving. Let me know if this helps you.

http://www.geocities.com/gelliott/snitz/
(this link will take you to my download page)

Enjoy!

(edited to correct used version of Red's mod)
(edited 7/20 to show new Holiday capability)

* The optimist says the cup is half full. The pessimist says it's half empty. But the engineer knows the truth - the cup's design is incorrectly sized.

Edited by - gelliott on 20 July 2003 18:44:22

gelliott

USA
268 Posts

Posted - 20 July 2003 :  18:42:19  Show Profile
Now I have modified the above download to include code for floating US holidays, including EASTER (that was a royal pain in the tail!)

You don't even have to determine the initial holiday's occurance for them to be recorded properly - when using a holiday option, the code ignores your start date and places the first date within your start year. Cool, huh? I'm guessing you guys can handle putting in New Year's, Christmas, St. Patty's Day, etc with the existing code.

Enjoy!

* The optimist says the cup is half full. The pessimist says it's half empty. But the engineer knows the truth - the cup's design is incorrectly sized.
Go to Top of Page

DavidRhodes

United Kingdom
1222 Posts

Posted - 20 November 2003 :  15:50:36  Show Profile
Has anyone implemented this?

The UK MkIVs Forum
Go to Top of Page

gelliott

USA
268 Posts

Posted - 01 December 2003 :  18:52:23  Show Profile
David, I have used it on my forum and it's been handy for me - but I've not received any feedback from others...

Go to Top of Page

Etymon
Advanced Member

United States
2385 Posts

Posted - 01 December 2003 :  22:06:28  Show Profile  Visit Etymon's Homepage
Thank you for the MOD, gelliott. Looks interesting ... will try to give more feedback soon.

Cheers,

Etymon
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07