Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

portiz
Starting Member

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 23 February 2001 :  09:13:45  Show Profile  Send portiz an ICQ Message
I fixed the problem of replies not showing in the 'printer friendly version' using a code from an original download:

here it is:

<!--#INCLUDE FILE="config.asp" -->
<!--#INCLUDE FILE="inc_functions.asp" -->
<html>

<head>
<title><% =strForumTitle %></title>
</head>
<body bgColor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
<center>
<p><font face="<% =strDefaultFontFace %>" size="<% =strDefaultFontSize %>"><a href="javascript:onClick=window.print()">Print Page</a> | <a href="JavaScript:onClick=window.close()">Close Window</a></font></p>

<%
set my_Conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
my_Conn.Open strConnString
'## Forum_SQL - Get Origional Posting
strSql = "SELECT " & strMemberTablePrefix & "MEMBERS.M_NAME, " & strMemberTablePrefix & "MEMBERS.MEMBER_ID, " & strTablePrefix & "TOPICS.T_DATE, " & strTablePrefix & "TOPICS.T_SUBJECT, " & strTablePrefix & "TOPICS.T_AUTHOR, " & strTablePrefix & "TOPICS.TOPIC_ID, " & strTablePrefix & "TOPICS.T_MESSAGE "
strSql = strSql & " FROM " & strMemberTablePrefix & "MEMBERS, " & strTablePrefix & "TOPICS "
strSql = strSql & " WHERE " & strMemberTablePrefix & "MEMBERS.MEMBER_ID = " & strTablePrefix & "TOPICS.T_AUTHOR "
strSql = strSql & " AND " & strTablePrefix & "TOPICS.TOPIC_ID = " & Request.QueryString("TOPIC_ID")

set rs4 = my_Conn.Execute (strSql)

'## Forum_SQL - Get all topicsFrom DB
strSql ="SELECT " & strMemberTablePrefix & "MEMBERS.M_NAME, " & strTablePrefix & "REPLY.REPLY_ID, " & strTablePrefix & "REPLY.R_AUTHOR, " & strTablePrefix & "REPLY.TOPIC_ID, " & strTablePrefix & "REPLY.R_MESSAGE, " & strTablePrefix & "REPLY.R_DATE "
strSql = strSql & " FROM " & strMemberTablePrefix & "MEMBERS, " & strTablePrefix & "REPLY "
strSql = strSql & " WHERE " & strMemberTablePrefix & "MEMBERS.MEMBER_ID = " & strTablePrefix & "REPLY.R_AUTHOR "
strSql = strSql & " AND TOPIC_ID = " & Request.QueryString("TOPIC_ID") & " "
strSql = strSql & " ORDER BY " & strTablePrefix & "REPLY.R_DATE"

set rs3 = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
rs3.cachesize = 20
rs3.open strSql, my_Conn, 3
%>

<span style="font-family:tahoma,verdana,arial;font-size:12px;>
<div align="center"><span style="font-size:18px;"><b><%= rs4("T_Subject")%></b></span></div>
</center>

<br>
<b>Foro:</b> <%=strForumTitle%><br>
<span style="font-family:tahoma,verdana,arial;font-size:12px;">
<b>Dirección (URL) del tema:</b><br>
<%=strForumURL%>link.asp?TOPIC_ID=<%=Request.QueryString("TOPIC_ID") %>

<hr size=1 noshade>
<span style="font-family:tahoma,verdana,arial;font-size:16px;"><b>Mensaje original</b></span>
<hr size=1 noshade>

<b>Tema:</b> <%= rs4("T_Subject") %><BR>
<b>Fecha:</b> <%= ChkDate(rs4("T_DATE")) %><BR>
<b>Autor:</b> <%= rs4("M_NAME") %><br>
<b>Mensaje:</b><br><% =vbCrLf & formatStr(rs4("T_MESSAGE")) %><BR>
<b><% if formatStr(rs3("R_MESSAGE")) = "" then %>No Replies
<% else %>
<hr size=1 noshade>
<span style="font-family:tahoma,verdana,arial;font-size:16px;"><b>Respuestas:</b></span>
<% end if %></b>
<% i = 0
If rs3.EOF or rs3.BOF then
Response.Write ""
Else
rs3.movefirst
do until rs3.EOF %>

<hr size=1 noshade>

<b>Author:</b> <% =rs3("M_NAME")%><BR>
<b>Date:</b> <% =ChkDate(rs3("R_DATE")) %><BR>
<b>Message:</b><br><% =vbCrLf & formatStr(rs3("R_MESSAGE")) %><BR>

<%
rs3.MoveNext
strI = strI + 1
if strI = 2 then
strI = 0
end if
rec = rec + 1
loop
end if
%>
</span>
<%

rs3.close
set rs3 = Nothing
rs4.close
set rs4 = Nothing
my_Conn.Close
set my_Conn = Nothing

Response.Write("<p><hr></p>")
Response.Write("<p><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """>")
Response.Write("<b>" & strForumTitle & " </b>: <a href=""" & strForumURL & """>" & strForumURL & "</a>")
Response.Write("</p>")
Response.Write("<p><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """>")
Response.Write("<b>" & strCopyright & "</b> ")
Response.Write("</p>")
%>

</body>
</html>

Go to Top of Page

gor
Retired Admin

Netherlands
5511 Posts

Posted - 23 February 2001 :  09:17:55  Show Profile  Visit gor's Homepage
Would you mind editing the reply and change color of all the changed code to i.e. blue ? That makes it easier to see the differences.
Did you use a Spanish version for this ?

Pierre
Go to Top of Page

portiz
Starting Member

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 23 February 2001 :  09:34:53  Show Profile  Send portiz an ICQ Message
I made a complete replace of the previous code ... in other words, I replaced the file. Then changed AGAIN the words I needed (not many on this page) into spanish ... BTW, yes I'm using a spanish version of the code, only internally on our Intranet ... perhaps later I'll use it on the internet ... but I'm still modifying/changing the code because some things I'll not use (like the 'happy faces' icons, etc.).

I wonder if this code have been tested for heavy usage. Say, 50,000 page views daily and more/less +2,000 messages per day (on SQL 7 and dual processor and 1Gb RAM) ... anyways, if anyone know where I can find these details to point it out for me.

-PP

Go to Top of Page

lancepr

73 Posts

Posted - 27 February 2001 :  10:18:29  Show Profile
That printer code worked for me.

As far as stress testing, My forum gets over 1500 posts a day, I would guess that I get over 40,000 page views, not sure of exact stat.

I run the SQL part of the BBS on a dual 800 with 1gb of ram.

Its been running great, its a little slower now with over 136,000 posts but I am going to try archiving soon.

Take care,

Lance
HutningNet.com

Go to Top of Page

efourie

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 12 March 2001 :  15:17:33  Show Profile
It seems that the original version still does not include the replies on the printer friendly page. Am I missing something here? Someone please help.

Thakns
Eddie

Go to Top of Page

gor
Retired Admin

Netherlands
5511 Posts

Posted - 12 March 2001 :  15:24:59  Show Profile  Visit gor's Homepage
I didn't update the zip-file (yet)...think it got updated in the Alpha though.

Pierre
Go to Top of Page

efourie

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 12 March 2001 :  15:29:42  Show Profile
Thanks for the response. Where can I get the latest code for this?

ta
ef

Go to Top of Page

Rob Poretti

Canada
435 Posts

Posted - 12 March 2001 :  18:24:01  Show Profile  Visit Rob Poretti's Homepage
Hi GOr,

Quick question... if I installed the original "prineter friendly version" do I have to undo that mod first ... do you know? Or can I just install this one "over top"?

Cheers!

Rob

Go to Top of Page

gor
Retired Admin

Netherlands
5511 Posts

Posted - 13 March 2001 :  01:07:09  Show Profile  Visit gor's Homepage
don't know, was planning to check later today, thought the original code was used here at the site, never had problems with that, and since the discussion wasn't that clear.

I'll check my mod against the code in the latest alpha and see if there are differences. If so, I'll update the zip with that code and report back here.

Pierre
Go to Top of Page

tomasalsbro
Average Member

Sweden
818 Posts

Posted - 13 March 2001 :  02:29:45  Show Profile  Visit tomasalsbro's Homepage
Many of us normal user, i.e without programming skills use this board to learn how to manage this forum, and try to implement it into our sites.
It is therefore many times essential for us to have the oppertunity to use the printer friendly mod to collect not only the initial question or suggests, but also the replays. As today this forum doesn't support that (due to a bug?).
I personaly reported this the 4 Mars t.y, and HuwR fixed this and posted it in the Bug Forum. But the problem with THIS FORUM still exist.
By the way, when trying to bold "THIS FORUM" the code for bold ended up at the bottom of this post. Didn't matter where I put the inset point.
Tomas Alsbro

quote:

don't know, was planning to check later today, thought the original code was used here at the site, never had problems with that, and since the discussion wasn't that clear.

I'll check my mod against the code in the latest alpha and see if there are differences. If so, I'll update the zip with that code and report back here.

Pierre

Go to Top of Page

gor
Retired Admin

Netherlands
5511 Posts

Posted - 13 March 2001 :  03:17:56  Show Profile  Visit gor's Homepage
Thomas, (bold work ok for me btw)

ok, I checked, found this topic: http://forum.snitz.com/forum/link.asp?TOPIC_ID=5875
I changed that in the zip-file and re-uploaded it.

Pierre
Go to Top of Page

Chuck
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - 03 April 2001 :  07:43:35  Show Profile
Hi Gor,

First of all, I installed this mod in a few seconds, and it worked like perfectly. Thank-you for all your hard work.

Now, here's my question: How much of a giant effort would it take to give someone an ability to print just one post inside of a topic? Or has this been done in another add-on?

Go to Top of Page

speedway

88 Posts

Posted - 19 June 2001 :  14:19:38  Show Profile
Cannot download Zip file from this first topic to get Printer Mod
Error Message
"Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e4d'

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'HuwR'.

Where can I Find the Printer Mod to Download

Snitz V3_1_SR4
SQL Server 7
IIS4

Edited by - speedway on 20 June 2001 04:14:26

Edited by - speedway on 21 June 2001 11:45:15
Go to Top of Page

nyoka
Starting Member

Albania
19 Posts

Posted - 20 June 2001 :  23:01:40  Show Profile  Send nyoka a Yahoo! Message
My printer icon only appear on one topic when logged on

http://www.route-x.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=189&FORUM_ID=27&CAT_ID=2&Topic_Title=Stesheni+za+muziki&Forum_Title=Muziki

Go to Top of Page

B-man5
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 06 July 2001 :  00:41:14  Show Profile  Visit B-man5's Homepage  Send B-man5 an AOL message
Is this the same printer mod that is available in the snitz download area? The reason I am asking is because I had no problem installing it but the printer friendly option is only visible when you are signed in, not visible if you are a quest like it is on this forum! can anyone help me? Just starting to Learn! Would like it visible for guests!!

Thanks,
Chris

Never Stop Learning!

Edited by - b-man5 on 06 July 2001 00:53:10

Edited by - b-man5 on 06 July 2001 00:54:58
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07