Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Faizan
Average Member

United Kingdom
592 Posts

Posted - 11 June 2003 :  20:13:36  Show Profile  Visit Faizan's Homepage  Send Faizan an AOL message  Send Faizan an ICQ Message  Send Faizan a Yahoo! Message
How do you centre everything in inc_header? so I can get my page to show correctly: www.fsqforums.tk
Thats because I have a logo of Banner's size, and I would love to put it on as LOGO!

Thanks!

»Snitz Graphics

Nikkol
Forum Moderator

USA
6907 Posts

Posted - 11 June 2003 :  20:44:51  Show Profile
I'm not sure I understand what you are asking. The only thing I see "wrong" is that your logo is too large and is making the page bigger than the browser window. I have my screen at 1024 x 768 and your site is just slightly too wide.

I don't see any problem with anything needing to be centered.

Nikkol ~ Help Us Help You | ReadMe | 3.4.03 fixes | security fixes ~
Go to Top of Page

sacred

USA
153 Posts

Posted - 11 June 2003 :  22:11:19  Show Profile  Visit sacred's Homepage
Are you saying that you want all the menus to be centered within the page. Menus as in:

1) row that has home,forums, our staff, ect
2) active topics, active polls, ect.
3) active members, anomyous, ect..

is this what you are wanting to center on the page?

Many blessings,

Sacred
Go to Top of Page

Faizan
Average Member

United Kingdom
592 Posts

Posted - 12 June 2003 :  14:20:49  Show Profile  Visit Faizan's Homepage  Send Faizan an AOL message  Send Faizan an ICQ Message  Send Faizan a Yahoo! Message
Sacred, I'm asking what you said here!

But I basically need to fit my logo with this big size, and I now think it would be better to mve Login box a below the logo, I'm a total newbie to scripts, so can anyone tell me, how can I move my login box below the logo?

Thanks!

»Snitz Graphics
Go to Top of Page

sacred

USA
153 Posts

Posted - 13 June 2003 :  07:51:10  Show Profile  Visit sacred's Homepage
Can you post your inc_header.asp as a text file on your site and then give me the URL so I can see the code. Then I will let you know what to change. it should be a simple thing to do.

I could write lengthy instruction right now but be easier to see your file and tell you the specific line numbers to change.

Many blessings,

Sacred

Edited by - sacred on 13 June 2003 07:52:17
Go to Top of Page

Faizan
Average Member

United Kingdom
592 Posts

Posted - 13 June 2003 :  13:00:45  Show Profile  Visit Faizan's Homepage  Send Faizan an AOL message  Send Faizan an ICQ Message  Send Faizan a Yahoo! Message
Here's my header: http://fsqforums.www3.dotnetplayground.com/inc_header.doc

Thanks for your help!

BTW Its just a serverhacker header with some costomisation by me and my co-admin!

»Snitz Graphics
Go to Top of Page

sacred

USA
153 Posts

Posted - 13 June 2003 :  15:32:45  Show Profile  Visit sacred's Homepage
First thing off the bat I want to tell you that you must have table tags misplaced because when looking at your web pages in Netscape 7it is really messed up. However, it works in Internet explorer becuase IE allows for missing tags and figures out how to handle it. So you really need to look at your table tags and how you are using them. i think one fo the reason you had such a hard time aligning these menus is becuase your nested table structures are messed up.

Anyway, going through your code...

Look at this page I created from your site.. This is what you are wanting right?

http://www.innerhaven.com/spiritual/forum3/his.html

BEFORE MAKING CHANGES SAVE A BACKUP OF YOUR ORIGINAL FILE inc_header.asp

First thing to center the logo, wrap the user name and password down to next line and have it centered:
lines 355-360 look like this

"<td width=""50%"" height=""120"">" & vbNewLine
'"<font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """><b>" & strForumTitle & "</b></font><br>" & vbNewLine & _
Response.Write "<a href=""" & strHomeURL & """ tabindex=""-1"">" & getCurrentIcon(strTitleImage & "||",strForumTitle,"") & "</a><br>" & vbNewLine & _
"</td>" & vbNewLine & _
" <td align=""right"" valign=""middle"" width=""50%"" height=""120"">" & vbNewLine & _

change to this

"<td align = ""center"" width=""50%"" height=""120"">" & vbNewLine
'"<font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """><b>" & strForumTitle & "</b></font><br>" & vbNewLine & _
Response.Write "<a href=""" & strHomeURL & """ tabindex=""-1"">" & getCurrentIcon(strTitleImage & "||",strForumTitle,"") & "</a><br>" & vbNewLine & _
"</td>" & vbNewLine & _
"</tr>" & vbNewLine & _
"<tr>" & vbNewLine & _
" <td align=""center"" valign=""middle"" width=""50%"" height=""120"">" & vbNewLine & _

To center your menus below your header do the following:

Line 512
" <td>" & vbNewLine
Change to
" <td align=""center"">" & vbNewLine

Line 529
" <td>" & vbNewLine & _
change to
" <td align=""center"">" & vbNewLine & _

Line 546
" <td>" & vbNewLine
change to
" <td align=""center"">" & vbNewLine

Hopefully this should create it the way I set up the his.html page. becuase i am missing some asp files you are using after the snav subroutine call that has menu stuff in it, it is a little tough to confirm.

I would highly recommend you download netscape 7 and test your webpages with that also.

Have fun...

Many blessings,

Sacred

Edited by - sacred on 13 June 2003 15:34:01
Go to Top of Page

Faizan
Average Member

United Kingdom
592 Posts

Posted - 13 June 2003 :  18:55:36  Show Profile  Visit Faizan's Homepage  Send Faizan an AOL message  Send Faizan an ICQ Message  Send Faizan a Yahoo! Message
Thanks a lot!
I will do it right now, and will come back when i've finished editing!@

Once again, thanks a lot!

»Snitz Graphics
Go to Top of Page

sacred

USA
153 Posts

Posted - 14 June 2003 :  18:48:23  Show Profile  Visit sacred's Homepage
Your welcome glad to see it worked for you!

Sacred
Go to Top of Page

armageden
Starting Member

22 Posts

Posted - 17 June 2003 :  06:25:36  Show Profile
I was looking through this forum and i found this one. I am a rel newbi at asp, and i was just woundering how do you change all your heading stuff around and make it go in different places like the one this guy has made in this forum. Could you please help me out? I want to have icons like he does and place everything below.
Go to Top of Page

sacred

USA
153 Posts

Posted - 17 June 2003 :  16:14:37  Show Profile  Visit sacred's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by armageden

I was looking through this forum and i found this one. I am a rel newbi at asp, and i was just woundering how do you change all your heading stuff around and make it go in different places like the one this guy has made in this forum. Could you please help me out? I want to have icons like he does and place everything below.

Being a newbie to ASP what I would do first is take a finalized version of the asp page as in let your site serve it up in HTML. Save that as an html file. Then I would start mucking with the HTML file (putting comments in where you changed it) until you get it the way you want to look. When you get it the way you want. Repost with the link and I will take a look at it too see if I can help you put it into the ASP file.

Many blessings,

Sacred
Go to Top of Page

armageden
Starting Member

22 Posts

Posted - 18 June 2003 :  16:43:11  Show Profile
Ok i will try to do that, the thing that i wanted to do islike Faizan did. He is the one who started this forum. I want to be able to take may statictics, and the home , profile section and lay them out the same way he did one the top of his page. Could you tell me what i need in order to do that?

Edited by - armageden on 18 June 2003 16:53:23
Go to Top of Page

sacred

USA
153 Posts

Posted - 19 June 2003 :  07:38:54  Show Profile  Visit sacred's Homepage
quote:

Ok i will try to do that, the thing that i wanted to do islike Faizan did. He is the one who started this forum. I want to be able to take may statictics, and the home , profile section and lay them out the same way he did one the top of his page. Could you tell me what i need in order to do that?

I am quite sure wha tyou are asking but I shall try to reply.

1) you need images if you want to use images in the menu (jpegs, or gifs) Some members where nice enough to point me to some graphics here is the topic http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=45162
2) With graphic you might need to edit them which means you need paint shop pro or adobe photoshop or something similar that works with jpgs and gifs.
3)you need to know HTML, HARD CODE the HTML don't use a wizzy wig editor (like frontpage that does the coding for you)
4)goto your forum page and save that page as HTML
5) start inserting new HTML for the menus in that page and put HTML comments where you changed it. This is the comment tage reference I am talking about <!-- {comment} -->.
6) download a copy of Netscape 7 and install it
7) test your page in both internet explorer and netscape. If it doesn't work in netscape there is something busted with your html.
8) once you have everything make you html page available at your website, post the link here and I will look at it and see how you can change the ASP page to suit your needs.

I hope this is what you were asking...

Many blessings,

sacred
Go to Top of Page

armageden
Starting Member

22 Posts

Posted - 21 June 2003 :  06:59:01  Show Profile
well i got everything that i need done except for centering the menus below my header. Could you tell me what line i need to change. I tried to follew the same thing you told faizan however my inc_header.asp is not the same as his.

Edited by - armageden on 21 June 2003 06:59:51
Go to Top of Page

sacred

USA
153 Posts

Posted - 21 June 2003 :  09:05:52  Show Profile  Visit sacred's Homepage
quote:

well i got everything that i need done except for centering the menus below my header. Could you tell me what line i need to change. I tried to follew the same thing you told faizan however my inc_header.asp is not the same as his.

Post your header_inc.asp as a text file up on your site then post the URL that I can go get it and take a look at it and will let you know what lines to change.

Many blessings,

Sacred

Go to Top of Page

armageden
Starting Member

22 Posts

Posted - 21 June 2003 :  14:26:11  Show Profile
this ma be a very stupid question, and i probable already know the answer, however i just want to be for sure. how do i make the inc_headed.asp a text file and then how do i post it as the text file?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.29 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07