New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kogi
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2003 :  08:01:07  Show Profile  Send kogi an ICQ Message
Hi ,
I'd like to make some changes in main menu , front forum page.
I want to add new global link , accessible from any place in forum .
This link will be in a local dir , includes some html file.
I'll try to look inside default.asp file , there is nothing there , only when I executing VIEW Source in IExplorer.
How can I do it?

Thanx.

Shaggy
Support Moderator

Ireland
6780 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2003 :  08:28:29  Show Profile
Have a look at the sub called sForumnavigation towards the end of inc_header.asp; it controls all the links at the top of each page.

Search is your friend
“I was having a mildly paranoid day, mostly due to the
fact that the mad priest lady from over the river had
taken to nailing weasels to my front door again.”
Go to Top of Page

Nikkol
Forum Moderator

USA
6907 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2003 :  08:28:38  Show Profile
Make the changes by opening inc_header.asp in NotePad. Scroll to the bottom of the page and look for the function that writes the Navigation Menu. You can add your own link there.

Nikkol ~ Help Us Help You | ReadMe | 3.4.03 fixes | security fixes ~
Go to Top of Page

KelleN
Starting Member

28 Posts

Posted - 19 July 2003 :  15:57:25  Show Profile  Visit KelleN's Homepage
I'm trying to add a link in the inc_header.asp page between Home|Profile. I want it to be Forum Home | JMCWS Home | Profile | etc..

I've been playing with the code, though I am a beginner at ASP. I can't seem to get it right. I can't figure out how to write it. I've copied and pasted different sections of it modifying the reference files, but I keep getting errors.

here's the code in the inc_header.asp page. Please help.

Response.Write " <a href=""" & strHomeURL & """" & dWStatus("Homepage") & " tabindex=""-1""><acronym title=""Homepage"">Home</acronym></a>" & vbNewline & _
" |" & vbNewline
if strUseExtendedProfile then
Response.Write " <a href=""pop_profile.asp?mode=Edit""" & dWStatus("Edit your personal profile...") & " tabindex=""-1""><acronym title=""Edit your personal profile..."">Profile</acronym></a>" & vbNewline
else
Response.Write " <a href=""javascript:openWindow3('pop_profile.asp?mode=Edit')""" & dWStatus("Edit your personal profile...") & " tabindex=""-1""><acronym title=""Edit your personal profile..."">Profile</acronym></a>" & vbNewline
end if
if strAutoLogon <> "1" then
if strProhibitNewMembers <> "1" then
Response.Write " |" & vbNewline & _
" <a href=""policy.asp""" & dWStatus("Register to post to our forum...") & " tabindex=""-1""><acronym title=""Register to post to our forum..."">Register</acronym></a>" & vbNewline
end if
end if

Thanks,
Go to Top of Page

Nikkol
Forum Moderator

USA
6907 Posts

Posted - 19 July 2003 :  16:12:41  Show Profile
Make these lines:

Response.Write	"          <a href=""" & strHomeURL & """" & dWStatus("Homepage") & " tabindex=""-1""><acronym title=""Homepage"">Home</acronym></a>" & vbNewline & _
			"          |" & vbNewline

look like:
	Response.Write	"          <a href=""" & strForumURL & """" & dWStatus("Forum Home") & " tabindex=""-1""><acronym title=""Forum Home"">Forum Home</acronym></a>" & vbNewline & _
	Response.Write	"          <a href=""" & strHomeURL & """" & dWStatus("JMCWS Home") & " tabindex=""-1""><acronym title=""JMCWS Home"">JMCWS Home</acronym></a>" & vbNewline & _

Edited by - Nikkol on 19 July 2003 16:15:10
Go to Top of Page

KelleN
Starting Member

28 Posts

Posted - 19 July 2003 :  16:27:34  Show Profile  Visit KelleN's Homepage
Thanks Nikkol, THat works out a lot better. That only calls from another asp page right? If I wanted to add an link to a file in the root directory of the main website between JMCWS Website and Profile, would it look like this below:

Response.Write " <a href=""../file.htm""" & dWStatus("Discription of link...") & " tabindex=""-1""><acronym title=""Discription of Link.."">TITLE</acronym></a>" & vbNewline
else
Response.Write " <a href=""pop_profile.asp?mode=Edit""" & dWStatus("Edit your personal profile...") & " tabindex=""-1""><acronym title=""Edit your personal profile..."">Profile</acronym></a>" & vbNewline
else
Response.Write " <a href=""javascript:openWindow3('pop_profile.asp?mode=Edit')""" & dWStatus("Edit your personal profile...") & " tabindex=""-1""><acronym title=""Edit your personal profile..."">Profile</acronym></a>" & vbNewline
end if
Go to Top of Page

Nikkol
Forum Moderator

USA
6907 Posts

Posted - 19 July 2003 :  17:27:49  Show Profile
no, put it before the if statement.

Go to Top of Page

guessme
Banned User

393 Posts

Posted - 01 October 2003 :  02:09:01  Show Profile  Visit guessme's Homepage
How can i put the links at the top into a bar.

Go to Top of Page

cripto9t
Average Member

USA
881 Posts

Posted - 02 October 2003 :  09:44:47  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by guessme

How can i put the links at the top into a bar.

Not sure what you want but u call the sub like this
call sForumNavigation()

_-/Cripto9t\-_
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.29 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07