Bypassing Policy and Adding New Field
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mark M

Australia
98 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2003 :  06:44:24  Show Profile  Visit Mark M's Homepage
1. I have enabled registrations of members only for admins, but can't find how to bypass the policy.asp page. As the admin, I want to click the Register link and go straight to the register page for a new member.

2. I have added a new expiry date field - M_EXPIRES - to the FORUM_MEMBERS table our SQL forum database. Now I'd like to have the input field appear in the new member registration form. The format of the expiry date is yyyymmddhhmmss.

Any ideas on these two?

Edited by - Mark M on 11 May 2003 06:46:07

Mark M

Australia
98 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2003 :  09:26:42  Show Profile  Visit Mark M's Homepage
Me again. Found the answer to 1. here:
http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=43185&SearchTerms=bypassing+policy
Should have searched first. But still need answer to 2.
Go to Top of Page

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2003 :  18:02:31  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
Apologize me for asking, is that a field to be filled at registration or can it be calculated?

Snitz 3.4 Readme | Like the support? Support Snitz too
Go to Top of Page

Mark M

Australia
98 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2003 :  20:35:59  Show Profile  Visit Mark M's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by ruirib

Apologize me for asking, is that a field to be filled at registration or can it be calculated?

The data is stored as yyyymmddhhmmss so a typical example for July 22, 2003 would be 20030722000000. The zeros are required for displaying later.

Therefore, the expiry date will be entered manually at the time of registration. It would be nice if we could enter 22/07/03 (our Australian date format) and have it stored in M_EXPIRES as above.

I hadn't thought of it as being a calculated field, but that's a nice option - say one year from registration.
Go to Top of Page

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2003 :  00:02:46  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
I would suggest that you should, then, have the field automatically calculated. That probably means that you can have a readonly text field with the value calculated with the DateAdd function.
Also it looks like you'll need the field both at registration and when you view the member's profile, right? Now, how far can you go on your own? Can you add a text field to the registration form, are you able to do that?

Go to Top of Page

Mark M

Australia
98 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2003 :  07:40:04  Show Profile  Visit Mark M's Homepage
quote:

I would suggest that you should, then, have the field automatically calculated. That probably means that you can have a readonly text field with the value calculated with the DateAdd function.
Also it looks like you'll need the field both at registration and when you view the member's profile, right? Now, how far can you go on your own? Can you add a text field to the registration form, are you able to do that?

I've found out how to add a field to the Profile editing screen, but not for registration form.
Go to Top of Page

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2003 :  14:47:52  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
That should be done in register.asp. It should be the same as adding it to the profile. Your difficulty results from not knowing the file where to add it or a specific problem adding it to register.asp?

Go to Top of Page

Mark M

Australia
98 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2003 :  06:48:36  Show Profile  Visit Mark M's Homepage
quote:

That should be done in register.asp. It should be the same as adding it to the profile. Your difficulty results from not knowing the file where to add it or a specific problem adding it to register.asp?

Thanks, I'll give it a go.
Go to Top of Page

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2003 :  13:56:17  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
Be sure to come back if you need extra help.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07